X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt sets sights on 400m record

Bolt sets sights on 400m record

Usain Bolt is eyeing one of athletics longest standing records

Triple Olympic sprint champion Usain Bolt has set his sights on Michael Johnson's 400m world record, which has stood for nine years.
    Bolt told the BBC's Inside Sport: "Everyone wants to do it. There are no major championships in 2010 so I could go for the 400m record that year."
    On Sunday, Bolt was named as the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year after his dramatic wins in Beijing.
    He added: "The training for 400m is so much harder but I'm thinking about it."
    Johnson carved 0.11 seconds off the 400m world record to set a new mark of 43.18 at the World Championships in Seville in August, 1999.
    Bolt beat Johnson's 200m world record in Beijing and set the Games alight with his laid-back attitude, waving to the crowd as he crossed the line to win the 100m.
    606: DEBATE

Bolt is so superior that the 400 record is definitely within his reach (stride)

vidic4ever

He also helped Jamaica to victory in the 4x100m relay final.
    Of his Olympic exploits, Bolt stated: "If you go out there worrying about if you are going to mess up, you mess up.
    "There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher. I knew I had won the race at 75m, so that's when I started celebrating. "I didn't care about the time. It was the first time anyone from my country had won the 100m." Gabby Logan's interview with Usain Bolt can be seen on Inside Sport at 2315 GMT on Monday 15 December on BBC ONE.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X