Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Gully Creepa to.......???

Bolt to unleash new dance in Berlin

Berlin, Germany (JIS) – Jamaican sprint king Usain Bolt says he has a special dance planned if he wins his events at the 12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics which runs off tomorrow in Berlin, Germany.

Speaking at a press conference hosted by his sponsors Puma at Yaam Social Club on the banks of the River Spree in the west of the German capital yesterday, Bolt said he was looking forward to the showdown with Tyson Gay and will celebrate in a special manner if he wins.

He said: “This is the big one. I am itching to go. I am fully ready and I’m looking forward to the showdown. If I win I have a few things planned.”

Asked whether the form of current World Champion Tyson Gay was a factor in his preparations, Bolt said: “It’s hard not to take notice of Tyson. He is the defending champion. I am here to dethrone him and he wants to defend his title.”

Responding to comments attributed to Gay that the sprint finals will be a fight, Bolt said: “Tyson Gay may see this as a fight. For me, it’s competition. It’s a race and you do what is necessary to win.”

He was pressed on whether he might be overconfident ahead of the second most prestigious event in track and field. Bolt responded: “I cannot be too confident. I have to be confident. Every championship brings great expectations and I know what I can do. I am always going to be confident. I have learned how to lose and that is why I am not timid about racing and that is why I enjoy it so much when I win.”

Bolt said he enjoys the build-up to his races and he actually gets a kick out of what happens at the starting line. “You see some of these guys and they are so tense. I laugh sometimes. I just try to enjoy myself but when the gun goes, I know what must be done.”

Declaring himself “fully ready”, Bolt said the Jamaican team was in good spirits and ready to perform. “There is a lot of fun in the camp. We are doing things together.”

Asked whether the relay teams might be affected by the controversies surrounding the team, the triple Olympic champion responded: “We have a fantastic squad. We have good relay teams and we just have to execute on the track.”

Bolt, on Saturday, booked his spot in the second round of the men’s 100m, running 10.20secs.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007
Working...
X