Bolt saddened by passing of former coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt saddened by passing of former coach

KINGSTON - Triple Olympic Games and World champion Usain Bolt said he is saddened by the passing of his first High School coach, Olympian Pablo McNeil.

Olympian Pablo McNeil, the first of Bolt's five High School coaches, passed away on Monday night. McNeil, born September 12, 1939, died at the Falmouth Hospital at 8:30 pm Jamaica time.

Bolt, winner of the Olympic Games 100m, 200m and 4x100m titles, in a statement said: "I am saddened by the passing of one of my first coaches in high school, Pablo McNeil."

"Coach McNeil was a part of my early track and field life. I appreciate all he sought to pass on to me. I would like to offer my condolences and sympathies to his family and close friends," added Bolt, the 2009 World Championships 100, 200, 4x100m winner, who runs on Friday in Paris.

McNeil represented his country at the 1964 1968 Summer Olympic Games. At the 1964 Games, McNeil reached the semifinal of the 100 metres, finishing sixth, and later ran the first leg on Jamaica's 4x100m team, which was fourth in the final, the time 39.4secs. Patrick Robinson, Lyndie Headley and Dennis Johnson completed the quartet.

http://trackalerts.com/news/lead-sto...f-former-coach
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X