X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake slams 'unfortunate' comments

Blake slams 'unfortunate' comments

JAAA boss Dr Warren Blake - File
    Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) president, Dr Warren Blake, has labelled as 'unfortunate', comments made by US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) chief Travis Tygart, after the American bashed the Jamaican authorities for perpetuating doubts over the performances of Jamaican athletes because of inaction.
    Tygart said in an interview that top Jamaican athletes such as Usain Bolt remain under a cloud of doping suspicion, because the JAAA and other Jamaican officials have not done enough to secure their credibility by putting in place, a robust anti-doping machinery that can be referred to.

"Absolutely it (Jamaica's criticised anti-doping programme) lets him (Bolt) down," said Tygart. "It's really unfair to question athletes' performances just because of an inspiration story or whatever it may be, there's a legal process for that.

"Those athletes ought to be able to stand up, and in addition to being able to say they are clean, also have people believe that.

"Furthermore, they ought to be able to say 'I am held to the highest standard, so there's some credibility and cooperation behind my statement that I am clean," Tygart added. "And that's where athletes are being let down by the Jamaican authorities."

Bolt is the Olympic and world 100m and 200m champion and also holds the world records for both events.

Blake annoyed

http://mobile.jamaica-gleaner.com/gl...s/sports11.php
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Working...
X