This would work for Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This would work for Jamaica

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">One time we were entered in a tournament to determine the champions of eastern England, our first round game was against a local rival called Sudbury United during the regular season we played them at home and away. The match with them at home was a walk in the park; we trashed them 7-0, the match away we mashed them 4-0, so imagine our thrill when we found out they were our first game in the tournament. We were delighted, we didn't even train, we took bets on how many goals we would win by, who would score them, and what the score would be at half time.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">We would usually group together before we go out on the pitch and pray for victory <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><U>(not that it helped JEHOVAH GOD don’t care about football) </U>[/B]but we were so sure of victory we didn't even do that. What we didn't know was that Sudbury did their homework, they looked at tapes of the previous 2 games and made the adjustments, the way I remember the matches was we dominated the middle by overloading the midfield, our wingers were playing wide right on the touch line and would out pase their markers, I was going straight down the middle and I had 2 flankers one on the right and one on the left. Goals came easy we had all kinds of fire power up front; at least 2 goals came off rebounds.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">In the tournament match they put a floater in the middle so most of the game I was double teamed every time I touched the ball I was swarmed upon I was stifled shut down, on the wings they switched their markers to 2 faster players from the left and right back positions and played them wide, but the clincher was everyone else was in midfield we hardly cross the half way line. This effectively shut down our offence, now for their offence they had what we call a reverse triangle, that is starting from the middle their guys would spread out from inside to out side spreading out as they went on left and on right forming a reverse triangle or wedge with one guy (<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><U>their center forward</U>[/B]) darting back in the middle, they scored twice before half time.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">We came out in the second half and was just blown away they won the game 3-0 and moved on leaving us with our mouths wide open. This is what doing your homework can achieve while we thought we would massacre the clowns they turned the tables on us. From that day on we developed strategies for every match and became very hard to beat. In the mid 1970’s Manchester United developed a dead ball strategy that netted then many goals. It was a corner kick, they would put a man 3-4 yards away from the goal post and another man on the goal post itself, then the corner taker would blast the ball hard and low any touch of the ball would create havoc in front of the goal. We adapted that strategy also we were directly trained on it by the players from Manchester United themselves.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Now to the Jamaican win last
Working...
X