The best forward alive since the best forward retired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best forward alive since the best forward retired

Speaking to Goal.com, transfer facilitator and Dutch football expert Paolo Alberto Faccini described what he sees as Klaas Jan Huntelaar's strengths.

Faccini, a former Roma player who served during the 1982 Scudetto-winning season, remarked, "Huntelaar has the characteristics of, say, an Inzaghi.

"It's often reported that the Dutch league isn't as difficult as other ones - they say that Ajax play three matches a year (against PSV, Feyenoord and AZ.) But even against AZ, one of the more popular teams, Ajax waltzed to a great 6-1. You can't say that the defences do not matter.

"Is he ready for Serie A? I think so, but in my opinion he would need a very attacking team. He'd do better in a first-rate team, accustomed to pressing forward.

"Roma? Yes, I'd say so, but Milan also has the characteristics that would suit Huntelaar."

Juventus did not earn a mention, but the Turin club are thought to maintain an interest in the Ajax ace.

However, it seems as if the striker will be going nowhere until summer, at which point he'll contest the European Championships. Then, a move abroad could prove inevitable.
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:
Working...
X