Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even the great Lippi disagrees with the "neophye" Mexxx

I Changed My Mind About Ronaldo - Lippi

One of the people who were impressed by Cristiano Ronaldo's performance yesterday against Roma was Marcello Lippi, who admitted he has changed his opinion about the player.

galleria zoom

After yesterday night's Champions League match between Manchester United and Roma at the Olympic stadium of Rome, many Italian football followers were left very impressed by Cristiano Ronaldo's performance. One of those who changed their opinion of the Portuguese star was currently unemployed coach Marcello Lippi.
    "I must admit I didn't like him very much before," Lippi said, "I didn't like all those fancy moves, the way he played around with the ball, I had the impression that this irritated and offended his opponents. Apparently I was wrong."
    Not that wrong, as it turned out. Ronaldo's attitude did leave a bad feeling among several Roma players, midfielder David Pizarro being the most outspoken about it. But according to Lippi, Ronaldo's style doesn't show a lack of respect.
    "I've realised that this is the way he plays, there's no irreverence towards anybody, it's just the way he expresses himself," Lippi concluded.
    Asked if he had ever had the chance to sign the player during his coaching days at Juventus, as has been rumoured: "I don't remember ever being offered Cristiano Ronaldo, perhaps my memory isn't that good, but I don't think it's a very substantiated rumour."
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:
Working...
X