Change of venue for Mexico WCq match - JFF press release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
    unu really seriously feel say we gwen go Mexico and tek 3 points from them...I am a full blooded supporter and I am hoping that we don't get ran off the field...because Mexico will always be Mexico...inna Azteca...too much things will have to go right for us...and the major thing is them underestimating us....wi can cross that off the list.
    woe yee of little faith

did you also think Jamaica could play 90 mins of football with a strong Brazil unit and not concede a goal?

It begins with a belief.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You can choose that venue on PlayStation?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        woe yee of little faith

did you also think Jamaica could play 90 mins of football with a strong Brazil unit and not concede a goal?

It begins with a belief.

No dada me have faith but if Jamaica beat Mexico inna Azteca...the yard people inna America haffi get the next two day off too and Jamaica ago shut down fi bout 3 weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          You can choose that venue on PlayStation?!?
          When dem talk bout a lock down left back it's me dem a talk. The French team decided to go exclusively down their left side rather than face the wrath known as Bricktop

Comment

FIFA's flipflopping is the root cause of the mess, and for them to give credence to whatever claims made by Boliva(and company)after its rulings....
            Furthermore, drug addict, too old anyway for competitive football, Diego(yes I said it Bricktop)) strolling on the field for 90 minutes means nothing.
            DID the former ban affect any meaningful competition?

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              When dem talk bout a lock down left back it's me dem a talk. The French team decided to go exclusively down their left side rather than face the wrath known as Bricktop
              Bricktop? Is you is BrickToilet aka Frank Sinclair? What a gwaan sah?
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Since this will be the fifth game in the Group of Death. The importance of this game will only be necessary if Jamaica has accumulated all the points already with only a draw or win needed to advance to the Hexagon.

If that be the case an unorthodox approach will be needed to get the necessary point/s to advance. So all my starting 10 will be only midfielders/defenders whom will be used on a rotating basis for such a climate at the Azteca with a 5-4-1 formation.

Ricketts

Marshall Rudolph Austin Goodison J. Taylor "Bibi" Gardner

Evan Taylor Andy Williams Demar Phillips

King/Burton

Now with Goodison steadfastly maintaining the sweeper role all the other players are capable of rotating positions from midfield to defense every 10 minutes if and before the effects of the Azteca atmosphere. With one dropping to midfield the same rotation would apply for strikers King and Burton who are both capable of taking shots from midfield if and when the play calls for it. Rudolph Austin and Andy Williams are also capable of taking shots too.
                With such an unorthodox rotation of play I believe the Reggae Boyz can frustrate the Mexican and get the draw or win.

Comment

Most of you are missing the point about playing in the Azteca. The problem is not only with the high altitude, bu the combination of high altitude and heavy concentration of chemicals and dirt in the air (AKA smog). Playing in high altitudes in clean air is not so much of a problem for professional and fit athletes. It is the dirt and chemicals in the air that causes eyes to water, nose and throat burn and difficulty breathing.

Puebla is nowhere near as dirty as Mexico City, even though both as almost the same altitude, so playing in Puebla would have been easier. Training as high altitude and then coming into Mexico City on the day of the game is the best. That will minimize the effect of breathing and playing in high smog concentrated air.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    Bricktop? Is you is BrickToilet aka Frank Sinclair? What a gwaan sah?
                    Deh yah a wait pon big belly Mosiah fi invite me to the RBSC picnic. Mi have a special body rock fi him weh a guh mek him pick up all him knee after

Comment

Originally posted by DweetSweet View Post
                      Most of you are missing the point about playing in the Azteca. The problem is not only with the high altitude, bu the combination of high altitude and heavy concentration of chemicals and dirt in the air (AKA smog). Playing in high altitudes in clean air is not so much of a problem for professional and fit athletes. It is the dirt and chemicals in the air that causes eyes to water, nose and throat burn and difficulty breathing.

Puebla is nowhere near as dirty as Mexico City, even though both as almost the same altitude, so playing in Puebla would have been easier. Training as high altitude and then coming into Mexico City on the day of the game is the best. That will minimize the effect of breathing and playing in high smog concentrated air.
                      Thus my suggestion of unorthodox play. Notice I did not even name any substitutes.

Comment

Really does not matter at all which venue it is both are above 7k feet it is all the same, as a matter of fact I have been to both and I felt worse in Puebla that I did in the Districto, especially after climbing the stairs to my hotel room, felt like the bottom of my gut was about to drop out.

Who in them right mind could really think 100 meters, that is less than
                        1.5% of 7000 meters could make any kind of real difference has got to be living in fantasy land. Reporting stuff like that just mek we look @#@#!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X