Mourinho sure of keeping Gallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mourinho sure of keeping Gallas

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><DIV class=mxb></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> <DIV class=cap>Gallas has one year left on his current Chelsea contract</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Jose Mourinho is confident William Gallas will stay at Chelsea and insists the club have yet to receive any offers for the unhappy French defender.

Gallas, 28, was late for pre-season training and has made no secret of his desire to leave Stamford Bridge.

But Mourinho said: "I saw quotes from his people that Chelsea have blocked him leaving but that is not possible because there have been no offers."

The Chelsea boss added: "Of course I will keep him here."

Gallas has one year left on his current Chelsea contract and is thought to be unhappy with the new terms he has been offered at Stamford Bridge.

After telling the club he wanted to leave in May, Gallas did not turn up to pre-season training in the United States.

However, Mourinho appears to have forgiven the Frenchman.

"It is important for me that he is now behaving very well," said the Chelsea manager.

"He trained well with the reserves and he is doing some work individually with Claude Makelele and the fitness coach, so he is being very professional.

"That is what is most important for me - today and tomorrow is more important than yesterday." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran
Working...
X