Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juve star Nedved to quit football

Nedved has been with Juventus since 2001

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has announced he will retire from football at the end of the season.
    The 36-year-old, who quit playing for the Czech Republic in 2006, wants to finish his career by helping Juve to Champions League glory.
    "Maybe you think I'm still young but I'm almost 37 - I will quit at the end of the season," he said.
    "I'd love to finish with a Champions League win. We lost to Chelsea but can turn it around in the return leg."
    Juventus lost the away leg of their last-16 tie at Stamford Bridge 1-0, with the return on 10 March.
    Nedved began his career at Dukla Praha in 1991 and also played for Sparta Praha before joining Lazio in 1996, helping them to win the Uefa Cup in 1999 and Serie A crown in 2000. He switched to Juventus in a £25m move in July 2001 and was part of their title-winning teams in 2002 and 2003, winning Serie A Player of the Year honours in 2003. Nedved was capped 91 times, scoring 18 international goals.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X