Report: Adu's younger brother picks George Mason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Adu's younger brother picks George Mason

And before anyone asks me no I do not believe he is 16. - T.K.<DIV class=pagetitle><H1>Report: Adu's younger brother picks George Mason</H1></DIV><DIV class=bylinebox style="MARGIN-TOP: 8px"><DIV class=bylinetext>ESPN.com news service
    </DIV><DIV style="FLOAT: right"></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all><DIV class=text11 style="BACKGROUND: rgb(255,255,255) 0% 50%; moz-background-clip: initial; moz-background-origin: initial; moz-background-inline-policy: initial"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top>

Fro Adu, younger brother of D.C. United's Freddy Adu, has made an oral commitment to play soccer next season at George Mason, the Washington Post reported Friday.

Virginia, Wake Forest and North Carolina also were on his list, but Adu chose the Patriots because of "the whole atmosphere."

"I just got a good vibe from it and I wanted to be close to home," he told the newspaper.

Fro Adu is a senior defender at Georgetown Prep in Rockville, Md., and plays for the Potomac Cougars club team. He plans to enter college at age 16. Freddy Adu is 17.

George Mason was the first school the family visited.

"I told him I wanted him to go there because of the coach," his mother, Emelia, told the Post. "I could tell [Greg Andrulis] is a very good guy. It's the right place for him."

Andrulis, formerly the coach of MLS's Columbus Crew, has guided the Patriots (12-5-3) into the NCAA tournament for the first time in 10 years.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
    No need to thank me forumites.
Working...
X