Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kompany pumped for derby

By - 07/05/2009 19:48
    Vincent Kompany is relishing the prospect of his first visit to Old Trafford on Sunday and despite less than a year at the club knows just how much the occasion means to City fans.

"There are many games that I have looked forward to since I came to England and this one is certainly up towards the top of the list," explained the £6 million signing from SV Hamburg.
    "I feel that since I arrived from Hamburg I have grown into the City colours and into the club tradition and this game against United has become very important to me and not just a regular game.
    "I feel I am a Citizen and I know exactly who the opposition are on Sunday and how much it means to our fans to get a good result there as we did last season.
    "The tradition of the match excites me. At virtually every club you play there are a couple of games that you call derbies - in Hamburg it was Werder Bremen and in Anderlecht it was against Bruges - but this is special because we are so close together.
    "The great thing about this game is that it doesn't matter if you are first or last in the league, it is a special match and anything can happen as was the case 12 months ago."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X