Wenger - This one could be 'interesting'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger - This one could be 'interesting'

Arsène Wenger argues that the blend of styles between Manchester United and Barcelona will make for an “interesting” Champions League Final this evening.

The showpiece game at the Stadio Olimipico brings together the title-winners from England and Spain. Few would seriously contest that these two teams are the best in Europe and the Arsenal manager believes that their football could be complimentary.

“You want it to be an interesting Final and I believe it will be,” he said before the weekend fixtures.

“We don’t know what the outcome will be but we know one thing – Barcelona will have the ball and Man United will play on the counter-attack.

"Man United have the weapons to hurt Barcelona on counter-attacks and if the offensive machine of Barcelona works they have the weapons to de-stabilise Man United at the back. It will be down to whether Messi and Eto'o will be at their best.

“I don’t feel I have to come out on [who will win]. I believe part of me represents English football but you cannot as well love football and not hail Barcelona. But certainly they both try to play football.”
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X