X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvalho to Madrid

Chelsea set to sell Ricardo Carvalho to Real Madrid

Carvalho moved from Porto to Chelsea with Mourinho in the summer of 2004

Real Madrid are set to complete the signing of Portugal centre-back Ricardo Carvalho from Chelsea. The Spanish giants have agreed a £6.7m fee to sign the 32-year-old, who will link up once again with former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.
    "Chelsea can confirm it has agreed terms with Real Madrid for the transfer of Carvalho," said a club statement.
    Carvalho, who was also with Mourinho at Porto, joined Chelsea in 2004 for £19.8m and won the league three times.
    The Chelsea statement added: "The transfer is subject to a medical and the player agreeing personal terms. Chelsea would like to thank Riccy for his six years of service, and we wish him well in his future career."
    606: DEBATE

A true Chelsea legend. An amazing servant to our club and he will always be welcome at the Bridge. Good luck Riccy and thank you

Just Me

As well as winning three Premier League titles during his time at Stamford Bridge, Carvalho also won the FA Cup three times, the League Cup twice and the Community Shield twice.
    He becomes Real's fifth signing of the summer, following Portugal's Angel di Maria, Spanish duo Pedro Leon and Sergio Canales and Germany World Cup star Sami Khedira.
    A statement on the Spanish club's website began: "Best known for his perfect positioning, his foresight and his ability to advance the ball out of the first third, Ricardo Alberto Silveira Carvalho joins Real Madrid at the age of 32 and with 19 titles to speak of."
    Last month, Carvalho told a Spanish newspaper it would be a dream come true to join Mourinho at the Bernabeu.
    "If there was a possibility to sign with Real Madrid, I would go there right now swimming or running," he said.
    "It would be a dream to be able to play for Madrid, which I consider to be the best club in the world, and follow the orders of the best coach in the history of football.
    "With Mourinho I experienced two marvellous stages at Porto and Chelsea. To have the opportunity to win another Champions League with him at Real Madrid would be tremendous."
    Carvalho played more than 200 games for Chelsea, scoring 11 goals.
    He is the fifth player to leave the Stamford Bridge club this summer after Joe Cole, Michael Ballack, Juliano Belletti and Deco.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X