X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women rule!!!

Playing house comes before United for Fergie

First Published: Aug 08, 2007
    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson addresses a press conference in Milan, May 2007. Ferguson has been told he could not watch Manchester United's friendlies because he had to help his wife move house.

Sir Alex Ferguson was told he could not watch Manchester United's friendlies on Wednesday because he had to help his wife move house.
    The Ferguson family are in the process of moving into their new residence this week and the United manager's partner Cathy insisted there was no way he could go to either of the champions' matches at Glentoran and Dunfermline.
    Ferguson may be the main man at Old Trafford but he knew better than to cross his wife, so his coach Mike Phelan was in charge at the Dunfermline game, while assistant Carlos Queiroz took the remaining players to Belfast.
    "I told her I had a match but she wasn't having any of that," Ferguson said. "She said it was a friendly and I had to help her.
    "Actually, she's saved me from making a difficult choice. My father played for Glentoran but I also have close associations with Dunfermline, where I played the best football of my career before my transfer to Rangers."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X