• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better 'greedy' than 'needy'

Better 'greedy' than 'needy'
    published: Thursday | January 17, 2008

The Editor, Sir:
    I am writing to comment on the article 'Greed, not Need' which appeared in The Sunday Gleaner dated January 13.
    It would be interesting to know whether the person who saved his/her $100, 000 to put into an [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]investment[/COLOR][/COLOR] scheme is considered greedy. Is one per cent per annum from the bank sufficient to help a teacher meet his/her goals?
    Is it sufficient when one's salary remains stagnant even though everything else is increasing?
    Should a 28-year-old still be living in his/her parents' home even though she is working?
    Should one be made to borrow for everything, education, car, house? When will one finish the payments? Should one not want to live a comfortable life?
    CAPRI should be made to answer these questions and research the real reason for persons entering into these investment schemes.
    There are many more factors other than greed. I guess that in a time such as this, it is better to be 'greedy' than to be 'needy'.
    I am, etc.,
    JAMILA LINDSAY
    elaynay@hotmail.com
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes
Working...
X