X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie
    replied
    Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Yeah you can say that from the safety of America. If you did have relatives down in the area you would maybe think different.
    ... and what is to stop them from doing this again? Tesha Miller hear that the cops looking for him, all he has to do is guh a Tivoli fi protection?

Leave a comment:

• Islandman
    replied
    Yeah you can say that from the safety of America. If you did have relatives down in the area you would maybe think different.

Leave a comment:

• Lazie
    replied
    Don't agree with this. The police and the military needs to deal with this.

Leave a comment:

• Seaga could intervene in West Kingston unrest – Professor Wi

Seaga could intervene in West Kingston unrest – Professor Wilson

There are suggestions that Edward Seaga, former Member of Parliament for West Kingston should be called in to help quell the unrest in Tivoli Gardens.

The proposal has come from Professor Basil Wilson, Dean of Graduate Studies at the School of Criminal Justice at Munroe College in New York.

He says this will prevent a bloody confrontation involving residents and the police who now have a warrant to arrest Mr. Coke.

According to Professor Wilson, assistance should also be sought from other individuals, such as Councillor Desmond McKenzie, who have significant influence on the residents.

"I think it's important for Prime Minister (Bruce Golding) who represents West Kingston to make an appeal to Tivoli Gardens and to Coke to settle this matter peacefully. I think Mr. Seaga, who is an elder Statement and who represented that constituency for many, many decades, should also step forward and appeal for sanity.

"I think they need to also call on members of the clergy to make certain that this is matter than can settled peacefully," Professor Wilson said Wednesday evening on RJR's current affairs discussion programme Beyond the Headlines.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/27444/26/
Working...
X