Golding looks good - Leys a liar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golding looks good - Leys a liar?

Golding warm up with Small is looking good. Let see how he does when the opposition #1 stricker KD is let loose on him.

I think I heard that a MPP letter give an earlier time line for Leys involvement so may be looking like a liar,

'Dudus typically a don', says PM
    2011-03-18 13:04:05 | with audio | (0 Comments)

Gary Spaulding, Senior Gleaner Writer

Prime Minister Bruce Golding says Christopher “Dudus” Coke exerted considerable influence in Tivoli Gardens particularly among the young people.

“He was a benefactor…he was typical of what is called Dons, wielding a considerable amount of influence and being held in significant esteem,” said Golding in response to queries from his attorney, Hugh Small.

The Prime Minister testified at the Manatt-Dudus commission of enquiry this morning that he met Christopher ‘Dudus’ Coke in early 2005 shortly before he became Member of Parliament for West Kingston.

He said after he was elected Member if Parliament, he met Coke occasionally in Tivoli Gardens.

This is a diversion from the claims of other senior cabinet members and stalwarts in the Jamaica Labour Party who gave evidence at the enquiry.

Justice Minister Dorothy Lightbourne, National [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Security[/COLOR][/COLOR] Minster and Daryl Vaz have denied knowing Coke, saying most of their knowledge of the man emanated from media reports.

Golding told the Commission that on August 24, 2009, he received a call from National Security Minister Dwight Nelson, informing him that he had the Chief of Defence Staff and Commissioner of Police in his presence.

“I told them that I was at Vale Royal and suggested that they could meet him there.

Small: “Is it unusual for you to have meetings with them (as the Minister with responsibility for the defence portfolio).

Golding: “No,” we had regular meeting.”

The Prime Minister said he was told by former police Commissioner Rear Admiral Hardley Lewin that the extradition request would arrive the following day by a special agent.

Golding said he raised questions about police’s preparedness to deal with it.

The Prime Minister told the Commission that he subsequently alerted the Minister of Justice and [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Attorney [COLOR=blue !important]General[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Dorothy Lightbourne about the impending extradition request as she would have been the first port of call.

Golding said Lightbourne informed him the following day that she had received some [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]documents[/COLOR][/COLOR] relating to the extradition request.

“She said she had spoken to someone at the DPP office and expressed some amount of surprise about the involvement of an officer of the JDF,” said Golding.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.
Working...
X