Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Man Confronts Gingrich Over “Food Stamps” Comments

Black Man Confronts Gingrich Over “Food Stamps” Comments

Written by Casey Gane-McCalla, Lead Blogger on January 9, 2012 8:52 am Click for More Next Post

Yvan Lamothe, an African-American man, addressed Newt Gingrich‘s comments on African Americans, the NAACP and food stamps at a recent town hall meeting in New Hampshire.

Gingrich had previously said that Black people “should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps.”

The Huffington Post reports:

“My point is, about a week ago — some time ago — you mentioned that black people should be able to earn a paycheck, not be on welfare, implying that black people in general are on welfare,” said Lamothe. “And I really took exception to that because it demeans my accomplishments, my hard work, because I have worked all my life. I have never been on welfare. You know about history. You know that back in the 1930s, Hitler started talking in Germany about a Jewish problem. My question to you is, do you think that blacks represent an American problem, and if you don’t think that, will you stop using blacks in general as a stepping stone or a punching bag?”
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Working...
X