• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marin...you are a darn genius!

Let me run with this a little longer:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HL
    Stap dissin Jumaica Marin................................

Wait? Is lie me a tell? Plus me nah dis Jamaica, jus' pointing out an unfortunate state of affairs for our proud but materially challenged country. I have a friend who passed away back in the mid-90's, he was only 26 at the time. He was a very big youth - 6'2" and over 300lbs.

He was driving back to Kingston from a function in Ocho Rios and had a brain aneurysm just outside Spanish Town and crashed. He was alone and it was in the early evening but the other motorists and people in the area stopped to help him.

It took over an hour for an ambulance to come for him and by then it was too late. Things are hard in Jamaica, it is especially hard for those of us who have lived abroad for so long to really comprehend it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Marin, I specifically threw out the above quote to you...and you handled it very well!

There was a Jamaican player (Farmah might know him) name Desmond (Big Head) Pringle. His career was cut short when Reno played Santos in the NPL semis back in the 70's. Pringle's knee was damaged. It ended his career. There were no experienced medical staff present to apply first-aid and follow up treatment was mediocre.

There are numerous case-studies in the number of lives that have been lost (or infirmed) because of a materially challenged country....

The material challenge is (for the most part) self inflicted:

It is almost certain that adequate medical staffing is not present at present day NPL games.

[Last Gold Cup in Florida, I commented on this forum, that I did not like the method the jamaican medic used in treating an injured player....]

When these inadequacies are pointed out, there is a sect on this forum who interpret this as dissin'.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL
Working...
X