Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bricktop
    replied
    if you buy in the right area of kingston you cannot lose...we don't have real estate bubble in jamaica...

Leave a comment:

• OJ
    replied
    I know a few people who have bought I also know a few developers who have built but I generally see people in the diaspora , returning residence. I have also seen business people in the hotel sector who have purchased multiple units to use for staffing mostly in the North Coast areas.. I cant speak for Kingston. If X is saying the market is inflated it might be as at the end it is supply demand. In some cases some are over priced in my book but that is where common sense comes in, I also see some which are good value.

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied
    him mouth full...but him pocket empty

Leave a comment:

• Rockman
    replied
    And what of the saying "Brown man time" that you coinned?
    You are a Secessionist, an enemy to the cause.
    Last edited by Rockman; August 3, 2021, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OJ
    replied
    X most of these are bought by people in the diaspora. Why don’t you invest in one.

Leave a comment:

• Sir X
    replied
    Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    so a guy you know bought a condo for airbnb & that means nobody in jamaica can afford them and it's the banks that are buying them...i know several developers...they have built six developments in the past two years...i assure you it's not the banks buying them & they have a no airbnb clause...all sold out...

That's your story ,I spoke with several developers and am speaking with them presently. Banks can't buy outright ,they financed deals that present that option thereby hold a interest by financing.

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied
    so a guy you know bought a condo for airbnb & that means nobody in jamaica can afford them and it's the banks that are buying them...i know several developers...they have built six developments in the past two years...i assure you it's not the banks buying them & they have a no airbnb clause...all sold out...

Leave a comment:

• Sir X
    replied
    you think the construction boom is to take advantage of airbnb? you poor misinformed lil man

If you have another angle sell it ,but why haven't you sold it before,why am I hearing this from investors here on the ground in Kingston.

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied
    you think the construction boom is to take advantage of airbnb? you poor misinformed lil man

Leave a comment:

• Sir X
    replied
    so what makes you think the jamaican middle class can't afford an $180k condo?

Comprehension: The banks are financing Airbnb coffins . The few that can buy don't equate to the volume being built ,so even if the few can buy ............Yuh get it ?

They are betting on the pandemic opening up that expats/ forgein buyer market.

Seem like a bubble to me .

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied
    so what makes you think the jamaican middle class can't afford an $180k condo?

Leave a comment:

• Sir X
    replied
    so a 500sf comdo in farrin costs $500k & in kingston it costs $180k...what's your point?

Not making a point asking questions if it's good for the banks to be financing these gated communities for Airbnb and buying them out at the same time. They project a demand but what if they are wrong ?

This is not for the middle class , 2nd 500 sqft is called a studio in NY ,doesn't matter where in NY. You guys selling that as a 1 bedroom..

Prices are based on neighborhood like anywhere and projected future value ( gentrification).

Some win some loose,seems risky for the banks,good for investors and construction workers bad for the middle class.

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied
    so a 500sf comdo in farrin costs $500k & in kingston it costs $180k...what's your point?

Leave a comment:

• Sir X
    replied

Exactly a coffin , for down town Brooklyn prices. The middle class can't buy that. The banks are for the Airbnb market.

Pricing the poor and middle class out of aforable housing to service a tourist market. Shows the demand for tourism in Kingston is there. That's good, opens up the service industry.( Sarcasm)

Clown 🤡.

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X