RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

forumites... the hex looms... where do we go from here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forumites... the hex looms... where do we go from here...

how do we improve the team to get past three teams and qualify for the world cup... where do we need to improve most and is it realistic to expect we can improve sufficiently to qualify... most of what i'm hearing from people is doom and gloom... i remain an optimist... i'd like to hear some good arguments...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Add a forward and add a right back and the team set. The team as is can beat Costa Rica, has beat USA and can beat Panama and Honduras. So a couple additions and we can claim that 4th place to playoff with New Zealand or higher.

Comment

We need two more central defenders to back up maps and nose.
      We need more depth on r and left back beyond Taylor and peel head.
      We need more combative productive mids that believe they must dominate and own the mids, I like Austin, Morrison on d side we need better on attack side, fast combative, skilled and hungry, we have to go to England for that local cannot produce that right now.
      We need two backup for Austin and Morrison as well.
      Strikers not bad we have a good crop but need more finishers.

Need to look at goalie again.

My squad mainstays now are nose, maps, Taylor, peel head, Austin, Morrison, Cummings, Richards, mattocks?, Johnson, still not done with shelton yet.

Comment

Can't go into this aiming for 4th that will leave us in 6th place, we need to thing 1st or 2nd, can be done but not with the squad as stands.

Comment

is it just as simply add a forward and a right back... i dont know... from what i see, i am thinking more along the lines of player discipline (not behavioral)... adhering to a team philosophy of possession play... passing, support through movement, looking for the additional pass, playing in space, defending as a team etc... i see that in spurts but not nearly enough... not sure just adding 2 players will accomplish that objective...

what says the forumites...

Comment

Who is aiming for fourth? I said with what we have and a couple additions we can get fourth or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
              how do we improve the team to get past three teams and qualify for the world cup... where do we need to improve most and is it realistic to expect we can improve sufficiently to qualify... most of what i'm hearing from people is doom and gloom... i remain an optimist... i'd like to hear some good arguments...
              The team's big glaring problem is our AWAY form. We didn't win any AWAY games (even in A+B) in the last round. If we don't fix this we are in trouble. Typically, AWAY performance comes from confidence and experience, starting with the manager. While Tappa has done well, my concern starts with him - he gets a bit negative on the road. Solve our AWAY form problem and we are in good shape.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

If you are looking for a "top of the world" team, 2 additions will not get us there. If you are talking about qualifying for the World Cup, it will.
                Costa Rica is not as good as they were in past campaigns, Panama, Honduras and the US are beatable.

Comment

yes, this is the kind of argument i was expecting... i like your mainstays... btw, interesting that you mentioned the keeper... a little discussed subject, miller made crucial errors in two games, both costing us... notwithstanding, he has made some terrific saves but the mistakes in guatemala and usa games were avoidable...

was wondering if there aren't any young creative midfielders in jamaica who can produce quality like hue... hue will be 2 years older by wc... unreasonable to put all that pressure on him...

i wouldnt give up on shelton either... has a knack for scoring... just not sold on his selfishness... tends to dribble too much and lose possession too often when the team is moving forward, putting pressure on the team to track back...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                    While Tappa has done well, my concern starts with him - he gets a bit negative on the road. Solve our AWAY form problem and we are in good shape.
                    my sentiments as well, though everyone in the coaching camp seem to deny it... the coach and players need to develop confidence... confidence comes with preparation...

Comment

He gets negative on the road or against the USA?

Comment

i think a little of simoes philosophy has crept in, play for a draw away

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It is funny because the media cursed him for not being defensive enough against Guatemala. Guess as a coach, you can't win.

Comment

if you don't win, you can't win!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

We need to add coverage for Jermaine Hue. Someone who can pass the ball accurately for 20 yards consistently and can turn the ball upfield in the middle of the park. If Hue is out of the game currently I don't see any other player doing that. We need an upgrade at right midfield to replace Watson/Morrison. Some who can do the defensive work. I suggest Carl Henry of Wolves or someone who can cover defensive to match with Rudi Austin.

Let Replace Shelton on the right wing with your boy Johnson. Shelton head to the bench. We need another forward with Mattocks to run the middle. Give Demar, Mattocks, Dane and Hue the go ahead to attack with short passes, beating defenses and building plays. Test all the goalies we have because teams going to try and score on this goalie from distance as he made two mistakes two games in a row.

Get a Brazillian camp and get ready. I think we are relatively ready to roll now.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X