RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising the bar on Jamaican football culture!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tappa was a good player, but never world class, hence no club in a top league signed him!!

Comment

Bottom line on this is that Bibi has the better career stats at the club level, argument done! Tappa produced at the very highest level in wc too bad we couldn't identify him from early and get him on a Bibi track, who know what we missed there, but from a practical standpoint at a club level there is no comparison.

Comment

Baddaz, I think Tappa is great and at the national level was more productive than Bibi but at club level is where the true measurement is and there is no comparison there.

Comment

Mosiah, excellent point, took me a while to figure it out. Some would say is a certain bias, that may be a part of it, but truth is I was pretty disappointed with last wc so I wiped it from my mind, that and some of that gender bias possibly. Here again in that sport stats rules try's and makes etc, very measurable.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
            are you nuts karl... bibi was nowhere near the player tappa was in his prime... no day... go to side with maudib on this point...

not because a player spend considerable time in the premier league makes him better than someone who didn't play in the league...

yeah good piece by stonigut... however him miss out on tappa...
            Tappa didn't have the same value Bibi had to the English game. Tappa's skills would have been better served in Spain or Italy.

Comment

true Tappa nuh inna di kick and run ting...

Comment

Silly question! Clearly their basketball team must finish among the medals, Rudi!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what yuh tink bout Roger Milla ?

The question is who is better player.. World Class.. Bibi or Tappa.. ?

Mi would venture to look at performance on the World Stage..

Comment

rubbish logic.

There are MANY other elements that determine if one is signed by a club in a 'top league'..

When yuh look pon a player you should be able to determine based on his abilities and play at the International level if he is 'World Class' or not..

Are his football skills (decision making,control, passing, vision, dribbling) at a World Class level ?

Could he play for a Team in the FIFA Top 10 or would he look out of place... be a liability ?

How does he look playing against the Top Teams..

Comment

I know I risk the wrath and venom of Tappaites with my next comment...but....my......President's back is broad. ....so I'll hide behind Lazie. I would pick Hector Wright over Tappa in my team any day.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jealousy is more the sentiment.. after all.. ignorance is bliss.. yuh probably all sleep wid a smile pon yuh face..

Comment

Can you read ?

Comment

Milla was African Footballer of the Year... compare then and now..

For you to participate in this discussion you need to have a clue about what was required back in 1998 for players originating in immature leagues..to have success in top European leagues..

You clearly have an infantile knowledge base in this regard....

Comment

LOL
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Choo ting dat.

Dis English Premier League ting get peeple bummy.... peeple read tuh much inna dat tournament...til dem falla di team dem like is Church.

Yes consistent performance in a league like dat is a huge plus... moreso if the player is considered one of the best in the league...which Bibi was not unfortunately.... Bibi was a consistent player...wi big im up everlasting as one of Jamaica's best still.

Tappa's World Cup performance speaks for itself... demonstrated results at the highest level. Piloting Jamaica tru di campaign den slicing up Japan like sushi

Plus when mi si dat line up gainst Brazil couple time and look like the best player on the field.... argument dun

Tappa is Jamaica's best player...strait
                                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X