No announcement yet.

Tony James :God must have sent this man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly , no one can tell me how a franchise is going to make back its money outside of the Kgn, St Andrew ,Portmore and Mobay.

We have companies that could invest in a franchise system but as dictated they want to know how are they going to make back their money, this isnt a charity thing.

Let me explain something ,You could invest in a franchise in Mocko fill the stadium with people and the economic demographic of the area would dictate that they can only afford to pay a $1 to get in,where it would cost $20 for me to make a profit, why should I invest ?

I could also invest in a franchise, where the demographics has a high income but the population is small and cannot fill the stadiums ,how do I make money?

As for TV rights in JA , Please

You have to look at the economic demographic of the area ! I dont see it working outside of the areas I listed because of that scenario.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

X playing in Buff Bay was an economic turner for the community. On Sundays it was sea of people come down. When I live in Mobay NPL games in Mobay was full, only that people didn't pay to come in, but the interest was there.

Also if properly package it can be market to some 3rd rated tv station in the US like Bein sports, Fox 2 etc or a streaming service. selling basic things like team umbrella, shirt etc. online could make some money. Marketing have to be define. Jamaica Producer Banana Chips and D&G soda could be a bigger seller at games in St.mary etc as they sponsor a team.

Kingston teams like Habour View, Boys Town etc. have no supporters at games.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny , yuh a look a charity fi run - Good Luck !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Again because of the ghetto management surrounding football. Who wants to get involved. Most of the people who are involved just want a donation and support from a politician or a private entity. What they do not respond to is proper management structure, marketing or leadership.

Would you invest your money in a current RSPL club??? tell me that make sense. Bauxite company in ST. Elizabeth use to send youths teams go cup in the Nordics every year. Digicel send youth go English club every year so you can assume that they could easily sponsor and run an NPL team, Sandals was in the RSPL last year so you also assume they could run a team. I know Jamaica producers cut Grays Inn field in St. Mary and could sell their chips with their support of a team.

RSPL is struggling for sponsorship as people who could invest are not people who donate and get nothing in return. They don't just want "thank you" in return. Some want to make a difference and others want to make it a business, it is not possible under the current RSPL.
          You are on point. The senior football entities are too insular. ...and the reason is the administrators are scared of their shadows and for good reason. They cannot run a well-run patty shop and therefore their fear is well placed. If they opened the organizations to an influx of competent managers most would be regulated to minor positions or displaced.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The Insular are the local entities that have the finances to change the landscape of jamaican foottball but choose to not get involved because of lack of belief and vision in it's own people,in this case youth.

HV Carvel Stewart made a statement that football has played a role in developing youth and arresting some of the social ills of the nation.He also said there is another Stewart who has the resources to do more than him but refuses to do so.

Burrell used his finances to sponsors various confed competitions around the Island to secure his votes when the elections were called.

What's Stopping a Gould,Stewart,Lee Chin,WaynecChen,Issa,Mahfood, or Matalon etc from being good citizens in doing same, to bring about change in Jamaican football ? Either directly or indirectly by financing a puppet to do their bidding or running.

To say that bad governance on the JFF part is the reason for the state of Jamaican football is half of the story,the other half is apathy by individuals who can do more and choose not to,at the detriment to our nation.

Keep your eye on MR Gould from MT pleasant or should I say the St Ann FA president.In other words nothing is stopping the good citizens

Comment

Boss your blame on corporations and wealthy individuals is misguided. You can't blame people with money for choosing not to throw away their money on an organization that is inept and corrupted. Firstly, those individuals and corporations are already contributing in other ways to address some of Jamaica's social ills. Football is way down that list.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I have all right to cast a stone when they say they want to get involved but only pay lip service as per the delapidated structure of football, we have the means to make seismic changes systematically in our governance that extends beyond football as HV Stewart opines!

Look if Dem can invest in High School artificial turfs,s,how far is that from a football academy in MT Salem?

Comment

How many Americans were investing in A league???

Once MLS started and started to grow, now you can't have enough people who want a team. A so the thing set. People want to see vision, plan and success to put their money in, not eat a food.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Exactly as it takes one to enact that vision e.g Burrell sponsoring confeds to buy out the JFF presidency and make seismic changes.

That said ,I am not absolving the JFF of its responsibility to lead,as I am not absolving stakeholders who have social interest in the enviroment of which it does business.

Comment

you still don't get it. Looking for Angel to come from the sky.

It take leadership. The stakeholders currently are not interested in it, You can't look to the same people who don't want it to implement it, their stake is in keeping the status quo. These NPL teams currently will not change.

Comment

Johnny,Johnny,Johnny,everbady and Dem Gran mumma a say dat Fi years i.e leadership is poor and those currently in charge are unlikely to implement change.

Where I disagree is that I am looking for an angel,the devil could come and implement change from the sky,where else would it come from if not an unlikely source ? if as you say the current leaders won't do it.

Mek sense Johnny.😏. Some say it come already,an academy is being built.😏

Comment

Would you invest your money? and why not or why would you?

Comment

Of course I would if I was a billionare like some of the stake holders down there, why because I believe in my people ! Why because it can change the landscape of the social enviroment ,why because I will get back my money ten fold,why because I can change the enviroment of how football is run in Jamaica.

Wasnt that what Burrell did and he had patty and coco bread money compared to the billionares down there.

You are asking ridiculous questions as if it hasnt been done before and isnt going on now,what did Mr Gould say,is it any different from what I have stated,wasnt that what Burrell did in his zenith ?

Mek sense Johnny .

Comment

My never ask you if you billionaire "Of course I would if I was a billionare" That a the biggest problem we have. Everybody look to billionaire to make differnce.

Mi nuh ask you nothing bout "if". As Lee Chin tell Vaz, stop watching my money when Vaz ask him to upgrade Port Antonio hospital.

Comment

Then Johnny,I have invested and continue to invest,I am a stakeholder,I am on a football site that discusses jamaican football,i have paid to watch games ,i have spoken to other stakeholders and aired my views,so i have invested .

Now do you have anymore ridiculous questions to ask Johnny,or you were looking for the hypothetical answer in the above 1st response.

Mek sense nuh man and stop play dandy shandy.
                                Last edited by Sir X; May 23, 2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X