Clear All

• PNP Had This In The Pipeline Too

https://youtu.be/SmiU64iN0uc

Tourism....low hanging fruit dat.

Wase a time TopBrick........
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Kudos to the JLP government,it is a low hanging fruit that leads to higher fruit i.e real estate quality of life investment( the beautification of kingston) which is intrinsically linked to stem.We will soon see the gentrification of kingston, the clean up of the garrison,specifically the major thouroughfare of mountain view , from nannyville to rockfort.

That said when wi aguh see Holness send dem criminal elements to jail.Dont mek uncle Sam send fi dem .
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Just so that you know, they cut a new road through Warieka Hills some time ago so traffic can bypass Mountain View Avenue from the airport.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You think that solve anything,dem man deh respect borders.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That bredda deh change him mind as you quint. LOL!!! Low hanging fruit yet him a name all the benefits. A teach him a try teach you something?

As certain other man come and start talk them talk him jump and give them 100 percent support yet his post above showing why tourism is no low hanging fruit. There is so much more to selling Jamaican goods, Agriculture etc. that he doesn't see.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
              Kudos to the JLP government,it is a low hanging fruit that leads to higher fruit i.e real estate quality of life investment( the beautification of kingston) which is intrinsically linked to stem.We will soon see the gentrification of kingston, the clean up of the garrison,specifically the major thouroughfare of mountain view , from nannyville to rockfort.

That said when wi aguh see Holness send dem criminal elements to jail.Dont mek uncle Sam send fi dem .
              Aren’t you an advocate for separation of power? How are you calling for Holness to send ppl to jail? Isn’t that something for the courts to decide?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The Prime minister can advocate for laws that tackle corruption right ?

Instead of sitting idly by and watching the anti corruption board disintegrate he can strengthen it,no ?

You think if he was in the opposition he would be so ignorant of his advocacy ?

Comment

The Prime minister can advocate for laws that tackle corruption right ?

Instead of sitting idly by and watching the anti corruption board disintegrate he can strengthen it,no ?

You think if he was in the opposition he would be so ignorant of his advocacy ?
                  Wait, who pushed through the anti corruption law? Someone resigned, do you know the reason for the resignation? Who says the board is disintegrating?
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Which comedy club can I come see your performace,an anticorruption bill has been in parliament since 1980, thank you Mr Seaga, it only came into a law of governance in the 80s in the form of the OCG.Since then to now ,nothing has changed ,in fact it got worse the board does the same thing, it adds wounds to the robbing,it investigates in silence. The Irony is in the past the head of the OCG could speak and the last time he spoke he said ,he turned over 40 to 50 cases to the DPP to be prosecuted and nothing has come out of it.Thats a damming indictment isnt it ?

Now for you to say some one has resinged and do I know the reason is laughable to suggest its not disintegrating.1st off its not one, 2nd I dont need to know a reason if an individual(s) is not present at his post,work is not being performed. Not that it makes a difference, because while it was being performed it was being muzzled in silence and disregarded by the DPP for proseution.

You are a part of the problem as I have long stated, the robbing to prosperity is mercile$$.Both parties ave yuh like a fool.They both cry anti corruption when in the opposition and when in power they design new boards, make up different names and cripple it to do nothing.Make no mistake about it ,if the PNP comes into power ,its another board, another name and nothing comes out of it.

You like this game dont you ,while poor people suffer,what ever progress we make economically under corrupted governments,could be double or tripled if we were serious about fighting corruption.

Have a nice day Mr Labarite.

Comment

Sass I guess you cannot help being a dummy but you could at least try. Plus the 'throwing word" ting is so effeminate

Tourism is indeed a very "low hanging fruit" in the 21st Century where Knowledge Economies/Automation/Software Apps/Robotics/Artificial Intelligence/Biotech/IoT/Embedded Systems etc etc etc run di place.

When countries can't compete effectively to form knowledge economies (like JA) they're reliant on low level industries like tourism

It is only dummies who don't understand what this means and how backward countries like JA are - all while believing that rudimentary industries like tourism are so great

This is not to claim that tourism has no value. Tourism does have value - It's just at a low level and consequently completely unable to be a big driver of progress in Jamaica. That is my argument and it's irrefutable - except to dummies

Compounding the low value-add of tourism is the FACT that at minimum 70% to 75% of JA tourism earnings are repatriated annually right back to Babylon merely to maintain the sector.

The claim is that the industry generated ~US$3.7B in 2019 - Therefore net retained earnings to JA would be ~US$1B. So tourism is in effect a US$1B industry that y'all dummies like to sing songs about for 60+ years

Jamaicans - Where dummy arguments run di cut
                      Last edited by Don1; January 25, 2020, 06:39 PM.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Which comedy club can I come see your performace,an anticorruption bill has been in parliament since 1980, thank you Mr Seaga, it only came into a law of governance in the 80s in the form of the OCG.Since then to now ,nothing has changed ,in fact it got worse the board does the same thing, it adds wounds to the robbing,it investigates in silence. The Irony is in the past the head of the OCG could speak and the last time he spoke he said ,he turned over 40 to 50 cases to the DPP to be prosecuted and nothing has come out of it.Thats a damming indictment isnt it ?

Now for you to say some one has resinged and do I know the reason is laughable to suggest its not disintegrating.1st off its not one, 2nd I dont need to know a reason if an individual(s) is not present at his post,work is not being performed. Not that it makes a difference, because while it was being performed it was being muzzled in silence and disregarded by the DPP for proseution.

You are a part of the problem as I have long stated, the robbing to prosperity is mercile$$.Both parties ave yuh like a fool.They both cry anti corruption when in the opposition and when in power they design new boards, make up different names and cripple it to do nothing.Make no mistake about it ,if the PNP comes into power ,its another board, another name and nothing comes out of it.

You like this game dont you ,while poor people suffer,what ever progress we make economically under corrupted governments,could be double or tripled if we were serious about fighting corruption.

Have a nice day Mr Labarite.
                        My fault for trying to correct you. Of course like Trump you start spinning. So you gone from insisting the PM lock up ppl to now talking about different issues. You know I was talking about the Integrity Commission, talking about 1980 was an attempted spin.

Yes there is need to amend the Act, but to claim the commission is disintegrating is you being an alarmist. Whosoever resigned can be replaced. Anyways, continue being clueless Xcuse.

Comment

More jokes from the comedian now your are playing the fool.If the P.M advocates for stronger anti corruption laws or processes isnt he calling for people to be locked up.The integrity commission is nothing more but a rebranding, renaming reframing or amending of our anticorruption agencies to do nothing. As I pointed out,it got weaker,the resignations tell the story.

Simply replacing members does not solve the root cause of the problem furthermore finding people that want to be a part of an ineffective board will get harder and harder.

Joker....lol.
                          Last edited by Sir X; January 25, 2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

An anectode, I spoke to Trevor Munroe on one of his NY tours to gather support for this commission, I asked him ,why since the 80s do you think this will make a difference , his response because he has the word from certain parlimentarians it will be passed. I suggested to him,one or two things needed to be done empower the OCG to have prosecutorial powers or two scrap the DPP powers of the constitution and empower other investigative agencies to have prosecutorial powers, his response again its not necessary.

Looking back at the whole thing, i think Munroe wanted something that has his name on it as a legacy,so he ran with this commission B.S. What the government did , was empower it to investigate in silence,in other words they cannot comment on no investigation in public,not even to say,its being investigated.The secound thing it did was mandate it seek approval to prosecute from a chairperson, and the third thing it did was underfund it.

Effectively crippled.Now the boiseterous PNP is now the anti corruption champion,I wouldnt trust them to do any better, because Mr Munroe a communist by some ,could not get the PNP to act then,why now ,if at all.

Gwaaan fly yuh green flag to prosperity.

Comment

tell me when Jamaican earning is not repatriated??? How will technology change that? Large Northern companies will buy out any successful company we are ready to sell ala Red stripe, Appleton, or any successful technology company. Although we don't like it and wish if they remain in the hands of Jamaicans.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X