PNP Had This In The Pipeline Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    tell me when Jamaican earning is not repatriated??? How will technology change that? Large Northern companies will buy out any successful company we are ready to sell ala Red stripe, Appleton, or any successful technology company. Although we don't like it and wish if they remain in the hands of Jamaicans.
    LOL! Ah wha dis Faada!!

Yuteman you don't appear to understand the difference between the SALE of an asset to foreigners and the FX leakage due to the IMPORTATION of goods and services.

This utter rubbish response coming from a guy claiming to be a tutor of economics in college before or after receiving a computer disk for being the most outstanding MIS (or whatever) student around

Sass yuh ah di bes'!!!!!!! Woooiiiieee mi clavicle!!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

200 million robbed in silence, none shared with the poor.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...uncil-meetings

A suh dem labarite move,what does the above robbing and the integrity committee have in common?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I do but what I am saying is fact. I have said this on the forum longtime that we need to develop policies that most if not all companies that invest in Jamaica have Jamaican partners, list a certain amount of shares on the stock market, or provide shares to employee. That is what government should strive to do to be able to keep some of that asset in Jamaican ownership. In case you didn't know most American companies who initially invested in China had to have Chinese partners in order for some of the wealth to remain. That is one of the big reason why Chinese could grow.

One of the good thing this government decided to do was list Winton Farm energy company on the stock market. Another is the Tourism Pension fund which is supported by the companies. People will continue to buy but only government policies can save some of the ownership and keep it in Jamaican hands.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
          More jokes from the comedian now your are playing the fool.If the P.M advocates for stronger anti corruption laws or processes isnt he calling for people to be locked up.The integrity commission is nothing more but a rebranding, renaming reframing or amending of our anticorruption agencies to do nothing. As I pointed out,it got weaker,the resignations tell the story.

Simply replacing members does not solve the root cause of the problem furthermore finding people that want to be a part of an ineffective board will get harder and harder.

Joker....lol.
          You know the reason for the resignation? Or is it you fitting a square peg in a round hole? Since you into throwing everything in the air ...... facts.

https://japarliament.gov.jm/attachme...No.%2026--.pdf
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
            An anectode, I spoke to Trevor Munroe on one of his NY tours to gather support for this commission, I asked him ,why since the 80s do you think this will make a difference , his response because he has the word from certain parlimentarians it will be passed. I suggested to him,one or two things needed to be done empower the OCG to have prosecutorial powers or two scrap the DPP powers of the constitution and empower other investigative agencies to have prosecutorial powers, his response again its not necessary.

Looking back at the whole thing, i think Munroe wanted something that has his name on it as a legacy,so he ran with this commission B.S. What the government did , was empower it to investigate in silence,in other words they cannot comment on no investigation in public,not even to say,its being investigated.The secound thing it did was mandate it seek approval to prosecute from a chairperson, and the third thing it did was underfund it.

Effectively crippled.Now the boiseterous PNP is now the anti corruption champion,I wouldnt trust them to do any better, because Mr Munroe a communist by some ,could not get the PNP to act then,why now ,if at all.

Gwaaan fly yuh green flag to prosperity.
            Forget about Monroe. Unlike you and others I do not see him as a bastion of integrity.

We agree that the communication issue needs to be addressed. However, Greg Christie had an approach of announcing who he will be investigating and J’cans home and abroad jump to the conclusion that the individuals did something wrong. At the end of the highly anticipated investigation there was nothing found only some trivial charges that the DPP insist CANNOT stand up in a court of law. Yet at the end of this, the person’s name and reputation has been tarnished.

That was what I think they were trying to address, but it went too far.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I do but what I am saying is fact. I have said this on the forum longtime that we need to develop policies that most if not all companies that invest in Jamaica have Jamaican partners, list a certain amount of shares on the stock market, or provide shares to employee. That is what government should strive to do to be able to keep some of that asset in Jamaican ownership. In case you didn't know most American companies who initially invested in China had to have Chinese partners in order for some of the wealth to remain. That is one of the big reason why Chinese could grow.

One of the good thing this government decided to do was list Winton Farm energy company on the stock market. Another is the Tourism Pension fund which is supported by the companies. People will continue to buy but only government policies can save some of the ownership and keep it in Jamaican hands.
              What you're stating may or may not be "facts" as you claim...but you're way off topic and completely missing the original point. As a university-trained fellow you should display more mental discipline and focus.

Instead of focusing on the core issue I addressed - tourism industry analysis showing its HUGE deficiencies which disable it from driving JA forward - you're all over the place with serial non sequiturs about Chinese, Winton (sic) Farm, "energy company" and "stock market".

This is neither a logical nor properly structured response. If you offered this type of response in any college I attended - including Jamaica College - the lecturer would issue an F grade...for Fcukery

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I am just choosing to address the problem. Remember a lot of good thinkers get F. so it nuh really matter to little me. Getting A and B sometimes just mean professors want to to repeat what they taught you.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am just choosing to address the problem. Remember a lot of good thinkers get F. so it nuh really matter to little me. Getting A and B sometimes just mean professors want to to repeat what they taught you.
                  Woooiiee mi Clavicle!!!!

Comment

Yuh see why mi walk wide from diss mad bredda.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

keep your ears to the ground ...... more coming. value added professional at that ..... keep your eyes and ears open

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Member of Parliament for East Kingston and Port Royal, Phillip Paulwell, is not in favour of changes being proposed by the Government for the construction of a cruise-shipping pier in his constituency.
                        Plans were on the drawing board for a pier in Port Royal as part of the redevelopment of the area.

Mr. Paulwell, who was speaking on RJR's current affairs programme "Jamaica Speaks," on Wednesday night, said the administration is now looking to construct the pier in downtown Kingston.
                        But he says this might not be a good idea.
                        According to Mr. Paulwell, security issues relating to downtown Kingston could drive away potential investors.

"I am aware that the Government is now speaking with one or two of the cruise liners and I know that their main interest is to have the facility located in Port Royal but I'm sensing that this new idea of locating the pier downtown will not continue to entice them," he said.
                        It is reported that several cruise lines as well as international investors had expressed an interest in plans for the pier in Port Royal.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/13001/26/

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                        Port Royal is another example of te Jamaican government throughout the years lack vision. We always have to wait until some foreign white man to come to our shore and tell us how good we are. If I have never said this before on this forum, I am saying it now: Port Royal is a GOLD MINE!!
                        Selah
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You see the myopic vision of the PNP ,because downtown is crime ridden it cannot be done, not that we can use the investment to transform downtown and reduce crime.

This idiot would sell his house for crumbs to investors in the borough crack neighborhoods ( like so many black families) and cry ten years later ,he cant find anywhere to buy or rent,because it got gentrified.

Comment

Working...
                          X