RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID : Causing havoc to Jamaicans in NY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID : Causing havoc to Jamaicans in NY.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/front...4?profile=1606.

An old friend called me to check on his brother at Brookdale( the hospitals) arent accepting visitors, I told him I dont work there anymore but I will asks friends I know that do,I was told he expired. I couldn't tell him and luckily he called me to let me know that he heard of such.

A 7y.o guatemalan boy called to ask about his father on my unit,I told him he was fine,at that time he was breathing on a BIPAP,I went and told him ( the patient). This 42 y.o patient rose up as if he was ready to fight for his life/ child,2 days later we intubated him,put him on the vent,he coded and we fought for an hour doing CPR on him,even though we are restricted from doing chest compressions.

He died and I cried. The hardest part of this is patients dying by themselves and the emotional toll of being family comforters over a phone.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by Sir X
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/front...4?profile=1606.

An old friend called me to check on his brother at Brookdale( the hospitals) arent accepting visitors, I told him I dont work there anymore but I will asks friends I know that do,I was told he expired. I couldn't tell him and luckily he called me to let me know that he heard of such.

A 7y.o guatemalan boy called to ask about his father on my unit,I told him he was fine,at that time he was breathing on a BIPAP,I went and told him ( the patient). This 42 y.o patient rose up as if he was ready to fight for his life/ child,2 days later we intubated him,put him on the vent,he coded and we fought for an hour doing CPR on him,even though we are restricted from doing chest compressions.

He died and I cried. The hardest part of this is patients dying by themselves and the emotional toll of being family comforters over a phone.

There are no heroes in this,everyone has to play their part for us to get out of it, the public who dont need to be out,stay home, the supermarket employee - thank them,the farmers - thank them ,the mail man - thank them,janitors, garbage man,bus driver,cab driver,housekeepers, thank all the little guys, who keep the world moving.

The biggest clown in all this is the president,he has blood on his hands and its getting bigger,if he has his way.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Thank the couriers - HL
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Thank the couriers - HL

Thanks to them all be safe wear your mask and gloves.

I dont buy this health care workers are on the front line B.S, this virus doesnt know boundaries, it could be spread by a conversation ,a handshake,picking up groceries, packing groceries, in a cab ride, opening your door,closing a door.

There are no frontines, the only difference is we work in ,incubation centers or reservoirs. So our risk is that higher,but it's not as if it's a frontline, far from it. It's a known hot spot,the problem is the unknowns throughout this nation( the service industry),those are the true frontlines. We treat them after they get hit by the virus.
        Last edited by Sir X; April 13, 2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
          Thanks to them all be safe wear your mask and gloves.

I dont buy this health care workers are on the front line B.S, this virus doesnt know boundaries, it could be spread by a conversation ,a handshake,picking up groceries, packing groceries, in a cab ride, opening your door,closing a door.

There are no frontines, the only difference is we work in ,incubation centers or reservoirs. So our risk is that higher,but it's not as if it's a frontline, far from it. It's a known hot spot,the problem is the unknowns throughout this nation( the service industry),those are the true frontlines. We treat them after they get hit by the virus.
          Bredrin - massive thanks to you and all health care workers fighting this battle.

BIG RESPECT!!
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

also the people who have to be manufacturing essential parts and stuff to keep everything going. I have to go into the a plant every so often and i see the people come in, take their temp check and then go to do their jobs. Most managers etc. work from home but the workers keep things going.

Keep safe X. England is also very bad. A few people I know passed including one of the extended family.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Kudos to them all Sass.

Comment

Blessings and strength to you, Brother X.
                "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Thank the couriers - HL
                  Beginning today, I further reduced opening hours weekdays, 10AM to 5PM ; Sat. 10AM to 2PM.

Even with the installation of plexiglass at the POS's, wearing mask, disinfecting commonly used area and surfaces...I still feel exposed.

But somebody gotta do it.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                  X