No announcement yet.

‘I won’t cut her hair!’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deemed what grounds invalid? what are you yapping about?

Comment

Well let us start with the right to freedom of expression as long as it does not infringes the right of other girls to put harmful hair relaxer in their hair.
      Is it a right or is that right backseated because it infringes on the rights of others?
      Forget about dreadlocks for the purpose of argument.

Comment

the judgement clearly puts a limit on freedom of expression...because i want the freedom of expression to wear a pink school uniform instead of a khaki school uniform doesn't mean i have the constitutional right to do it...that is what the judgement is saying...that an entity can constitutionally place a restriction on your freedom of expression...

Comment

Nonsense, the colour of your uniform is defining, what, a hairstyle is equally defining of your school?
          In this case, you can wear khaki, blue, pink, any colour but green!

Comment

Bricktop, does the school have a right to discriminate a Rasta teacher?

Comment

you seem to have a comprehension problem...is that you isat?

Comment

schools don't have a "right to discriminate" against anybody...anything else you confused about?

Comment

Khaki is A specific colour, hairstyles are of many variations, largely accepted, your premise... is wrong, but I am the one with comprehension problem, well NOT because you say so, self professed genius.

Comment

one does not refer to hair as being "tall"...i assume you mean "long" hair...and the answer is no...the school does not allow braided or loced hair...she would have to pull it back and pin it up in accordance with the handbook...anything else?

Comment

• Why OJ could be found not guilty in a criminal Court but then be successfully sued...in a civil court?
                      Two courts but..
                      Your oversight is thinking The Supreme Court is the same as criminal court.

Comment

• Well let us talk about plat, is that allowed for shorter hair?
                        Obtw, is there also a preferred word for "shorter', please tell me or recognize the silliness in admonishing me for saying taller...

Comment

• Okay then, in its bid to thwart possible lice infestation, could it implement a policy of not hiring Rasta as teachers?

Comment

• rastafarians are a protected class...based on religion...this case is about freedom of expression...not freedom of religion...capiche?

Comment

• Are we missing the point though? Schools should have a right to set standards. However I am not comfortable with the judges equating locks to lice. I can have an afro and have lice or a nice low hair cut and dont wash it. I think that is the bigger issue. I am fine with the ruling however the stuff around hygiene is a bit far

Comment

• don't fall into the trap...the judge did not "equate locks to lice"...what the court said is that the school has a constitutional right to make rules excluding students based on hygiene concerns...the court did not say that locks cause lice or make any ruling regarding locks & lice...

Comment

Working...
                                X