Don1 and crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don1 and crew

You will never see it my way because unnu cut out the whole demand and supply and product part of technology.

As Steve Jobs say technology is nothing without the demand and usage.

Anyway let me just say this again
    If you wish to push STEM in Jamaica, the idea is not to make it seems you are the brightest on the block.

I will give you two suggestions to get it in school because I also believe in STEM and education as a whole.

You can can call HEART trust and Partner with them. The HOPE program is a good program for this.

The second is you can try getting some TEF funds which is money collected directly from visitors for community development that has been used for various community development including eduction.

SELAh on that
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Your problem is,its not only the forumites that doesnt see it your way,no one does. The articles you post to support your post dont and you arguing that we should look at it " your way" results in cognitive dissonance a sign of psychosis.

The sad thing is,you do this with most of your post. When you make statements like this " technology will not grow in any economy which doesnt have a robust tourism industry" and cannot provide a source your credibility is in tatters, are we to believe you, take your word as gospel.

Then the kicker, you get upset when you are ridiculued, but what is the expected outcome of playing around with your antics for years, the day will come when yuh get a box.

My advice, dont cry, nuh carry nuh feelings, man up tek it like a man.
    Last edited by Sir X; July 6, 2020, 09:50 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I wouldn't even go into your posting, it is very easy to look the other way.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True.

Have a nice day Sass.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You will never see it my way because unnu cut out the whole demand and supply and product part of technology.
          I will never see it your way because you are illogical

So to you this means technology is dependent on tourism. You need to find the meaning of "dependent" before going any further with the childish reasoning

Dependent:

relying on someone or something else for aid, support, etc.

conditioned or determined by something else; contingent:

subordinate; subject:
          Explain how tech is subordinate to/contingent upon/determined by/or relying on tourism for support. FYI dependency describes a power relationship where the dependent entity is in an inferior position to the other.

You are likely just not familiar with the meaning of the word which is why I asked you for a definition of it. You declined of course

If you wish to push STEM in Jamaica, the idea is not to make it seems you are the brightest on the block.
          LOL. The programs I'm involved in are designed to help kids and the country grow. Not for props. In fact most don't even know my role and that's what I prefer. You're off base yuteman

I will give you two suggestions to get it in school because I also believe in STEM and education as a whole.

You can can call HEART trust and Partner with them. The HOPE program is a good program for this.

The second is you can try getting some TEF funds which is money collected directly from visitors for community development that has been used for various community development including eduction.
          Thanks but I'll pass on this. My plate is already full and I already get advice 24/7 from people telling me how to do things...while they do nothing

Rather than give me advice, if you have an interest and all these nice ideas why not set up programs yourself? You're "too busy" I guess??
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

"Thanks but I'll pass on this. My plate is already full and I already get advice 24/7 from people telling me how to do things...while they do nothing

Rather than give me advice, if you have an interest and all these nice ideas why not set up programs yourself? You're "too busy" I guess?? "

I will just address this, the rest is not important. Is either you take the info I give you or not. It is not important what I am doing, I am not able to partake in any such venture at this time. I have my own contribution in making a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin

SELAh on that
              Sass I know we should push STEM and yes we should strive to be the brightest on the block. Why, you think Chinese, Indians, Japanese, S. Koreans have 2 brains and we have only one?
              Enough of this HEART already. Thats for training technicians. Nothing wrong with that but thats not we really, really need in going forward. HEART should be for people not capable of high level STEM. What, you think everything is for everbody? We need to race to the top, not the bottom.

Comment

Do you have any idea what HEART program does???

The CAP program is to provide technical skill in all areas for high school kids.

You may want to look at HEART program and it development over the last 5 years offering 2 year degrees to high school students. HEART gets its funding from government and private sector and in Jamaica funding goes a long way. The money is there and if you can impress on them a good program they will partner with you and provide paid instructors. Which other institution in Jamaica Jamaica do this? CAP is run by HEART trust for High School students. You can find what information you need.

https://jis.gov.jm/more-students-for...ng-programmes/

https://www.ucc.edu.jm/ecap
                Last edited by Assasin; July 6, 2020, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I just love when folks suggest - unsolicited - work for me which they have no interest in

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

It is not about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                      Sass I know we should push STEM and yes we should strive to be the brightest on the block. Why, you think Chinese, Indians, Japanese, S. Koreans have 2 brains and we have only one?
                      Enough of this HEART already. Thats for training technicians. Nothing wrong with that but thats not we really, really need in going forward. HEART should be for people not capable of high level STEM. What, you think everything is for everbody? We need to race to the top, not the bottom.
                      I have told Sass in the past that HEART is useful for teaching people trades at the low competence level that JA requires. This is an important component of the labour market and they do some work there.

However when it comes to producing graduates able to handle real engineering and develop real innovation.. HEART is a joke. It's neither designed nor resourced for that. That's not their DNA

HEART claims some capability in technology which I took a look at a few months ago...It's a joke for a "national training agency"

Jamaica is just not serious about investing in developing a serious capability in scitech. Just a lot of empty yapping that gets the uninformed excited
                      Last edited by Don1; July 6, 2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        It is not about you.
                        So that post wasn't for me to "partner with HEART". I get it now

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          Do you have any idea what HEART program does???

The CAP program is to provide technical skill in all areas for high school kids.

You may want to look at HEART program and it development over the last 5 years offering 2 year degrees to high school students. HEART gets its funding from government and private sector and in Jamaica funding goes a long way. The money is there and if you can impress on them a good program they will partner with you and provide paid instructors. Which other institution in Jamaica Jamaica do this? CAP is run by HEART trust for High School students. You can find what information you need.

https://jis.gov.jm/more-students-for...ng-programmes/

https://www.ucc.edu.jm/ecap
                          So Sass do you think that if Alan Emtage, the Barbadian mathematician who invented internet search had gone to a trade school in Barbados we would have a Google today?

Comment

It is possible. Many Doctors and researchers have gone to trade school and community college. It has given them a chance, it doesn't mean they stop there. Half of Jamaican students are not dunce but they don't have the chance and opportunity that many had. They just need a little hand holding and proper direction.

I worked at Community college for 12 years and I have seen so many Jamaican students come to the states and start there and many are doctors, PHD, and MBA today. In Jamaica they are simply Dunce or Dummies.

Comment

Mi think you and your organization needed partners to work with to make STEM technology better.

Sorry my bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X