X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Digital in NY times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/a...GX808yTLvvwYSE

Would be good article for the museum.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Wow, instrumental to the transition,and his fingerprints are on some of the most acclaimed songs.
    The resilience of Jakans, especially the ones from improvised communities.
    Truth be told, our servants(politicians) have failed Jamaica, everything bad about Jamaica the origins can be traced back to them.

Comment

No it is traced back to us. We elect the politicians but we forget to hold them accountable. Our political class is full up of the legal and educated Jamaicans so if they fail us it say it all. There are some that try but if they don't get our support and get rid of the bad ones then things will remain the same.

Fact is hold them accountable.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hold them accountable by way of casting votes, picking the lesser of two evils is still picking evil.
        Both parties should be dismantled on the grounds of being complicit in destroying Jamaica, and some of the members should even go to prison.

Comment

Who do you have to pick lesser of two evil. The fact is that people have realize and change and get rid of the corrupted ones. There is no other way. Many of the people themselves support the corruption in so many ways. Some of these politicians themselves are also from the ghetto. Many are also in the music buz so don't fool yourself. It start from selecting school boards and community leaders, trade unions and organzations such as the business organization, teachers union etc. Even if you get a one party system, the same thing is going happen if we don't get rid of the corruption within.

Comment

But wasn't that The driving force behind all the national elections, if so, why continue to hope?
            I am not advocating a one party system even though that will be ideal considering the country would become unified and ergo better able to tackle all issues, local AND international.

Comment

"would become unified and ergo better able to tackle all issues, local AND international." Not gurantee. Right now the PNP going through a big division. The JLP has been through it recently.

Division is easy to form.One party don't mean everybody fall in line unless you going to use a lot of power to quell dissident. What do you suggest.

Comment

Working...
              X