X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JLP economic council : Failed.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...failed-jamaica

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...and-gdp-trends

The only reason why the PNP will not be voted back in power ,is people would rather stick with the hope of expectations, than go back to proven failures.Its only a matter of time before people give up on the JLP false hope.Look for the purging of the dinosaurs of the PNP as the sign.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

X the JLP will get back in power because almost every area of governance is better except crime and the dollar devaluation.

The place is cleaner
    better communication from government
    Better use of tax dollar
    Even less dump fires and more mosquito fogging
    More houses been build
    More local road been fixed
    More water project
    More beautification projects and local infrastructure projects like play fields and community center and more training for youths.
    Look at other things such as FINSAC, The government of the day sold it foreign company to make money on the debtor instead of refinancing with most of the local debt owners and give them a chance. Now look what the government do instead with WindFfarm, list it on the stock market and give every Jamaican a chance to buy in. If it was PNP based on their history it would be sold to another foreign entity.

Peter Phillips also wanted to close the Junior stock exchange which has grown by billions since then and raised capital for Jamaican company and a chance for working man to try and make something from a company they believe in.

PNP will have a hard time winning back South East St.Mary and East Portland as Dr. Norman Dunn and Anmarie Vaz is putting in the work. PNP going to have worry about Dr.Guy seat as they see the changes Dr. Dunn doing in the Annotto Bay area. No PNP want to step to challenge Ann Marie Vaz as Crawford withdraw because they see how she deal with low hanging fruits and help to fix basic community problems.

To many MPs have become lazy over the years and fail to inspire. They need to take a leaf out of book of Juliet Holness, Floyd Green, Dr. Dunn, and the Vazs book how to garner support and get private sector, and international partners involved to achieve things in their constituency. Don't wait on the lickle constituency fund and share it up with their friend. PNP had a chance to rebuild and re position themselves and they haven't. They have so far sold no new ideas for people to even think about.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So Jamaica is screwed then. PNP proven failures and JLP’s false hope.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

No ! external and internal pressure to deal with corruption is bearing fruit, combined with the implosion of the PNP,like the JLP in the 90s. The combination will see a purging of old blood from both sides with both trying to out do each other with anticorruption economic progressive ideas/agendas.

I think the JLP has one more term in them, two if they are lucky before the PNP presents itself as a viable alternative.Anti corruption will be one of its main selling points because the stagnant GDP is proof that the masses although seeing change isnt feeling it. The perception is ,its benefiting a few akin to gentrification in the USA.

Holness can own the anti corruption card ,if he run with it.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Sass stop being a Dummy Tribalist.

It’s well known that the economy crashed under Shaw whom had no clue how to manage the financial crisis. The following administration with Phillips in charge of Finance took the necessary and horrible “bitter medicine” as Anju described it and stabilized the economy. This was done on budgetary cutbacks, increased taxation and more borrowing from multilaterals... i.e. BIG SACRIFICES. That era ended and Anju’s admin benefited. Comparing the economic environment Phillips inherited with that which Holness lucked into is a Dummy Excercise which you fit well in with your superficial nonsense.

Fortunately for him Holness was handed a mended economy and the ability to increase spending. He and the country are beneficiaries of the sacrifices endured under the Termites. But Dummies cannot fathom this reality.

Yet for all the fool’s gold of big construction projects, booming stock market, fancy cars etc under Holness - economic growth is stuck at 1% or thereabouts.

So as usual the benefits are creamed off by the rotten upper class manipulators of the shitstem with their financial games. Only dummies can’t see through the BS. Try not to be a Dummy Tribalist Sass. You can do better and still be a strong JLP Supporter.

Be grateful because that’s more than I could say about Tribal Buffoons like Lazie 🤨
          Last edited by Don1; February 16, 2020, 01:41 PM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Here is a fair Babylon account of JA’s economy recently

Less than ten years ago Jamaica was on the precipice. Decades of anaemic economic growth, periodic crises and fiscal incontinence meant that it was one of the most indebted countries in the world. Incomes had been stagnant since 1973. More and more poorer Jamaicans were turning to crime, and wealthier, educated ones fled the country; a brain drain of epic proportions. Only occasional dollops of aid from international development institutions kept the lights on. But by 2012 even they’d had enough.

Jamaica’s latest IMF programme — the country has been propped up by various kinds of IMF assistance for over three decades of its 57 years of independence — had unwound almost as soon as it had been agreed. In Washington, officials were quietly discussing whether to let the country collapse.

FULL HUNDRED

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Ooops if one is not a Financial Times subscriber use incognito mode to view the story

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                X the JLP will get back in power because almost every area of governance is better except crime and the dollar devaluation.

The place is cleaner
                better communication from government
                Better use of tax dollar
                Even less dump fires and more mosquito fogging
                More houses been build
                More local road been fixed
                More water project
                More beautification projects and local infrastructure projects like play fields and community center and more training for youths.
                Look at other things such as FINSAC, The government of the day sold it foreign company to make money on the debtor instead of refinancing with most of the local debt owners and give them a chance. Now look what the government do instead with WindFfarm, list it on the stock market and give every Jamaican a chance to buy in. If it was PNP based on their history it would be sold to another foreign entity.

Peter Phillips also wanted to close the Junior stock exchange which has grown by billions since then and raised capital for Jamaican company and a chance for working man to try and make something from a company they believe in.

PNP will have a hard time winning back South East St.Mary and East Portland as Dr. Norman Dunn and Anmarie Vaz is putting in the work. PNP going to have worry about Dr.Guy seat as they see the changes Dr. Dunn doing in the Annotto Bay area. No PNP want to step to challenge Ann Marie Vaz as Crawford withdraw because they see how she deal with low hanging fruits and help to fix basic community problems.

To many MPs have become lazy over the years and fail to inspire. They need to take a leaf out of book of Juliet Holness, Floyd Green, Dr. Dunn, and the Vazs book how to garner support and get private sector, and international partners involved to achieve things in their constituency. Don't wait on the lickle constituency fund and share it up with their friend. PNP had a chance to rebuild and re position themselves and they haven't. They have so far sold no new ideas for people to even think about.
                He didn't want to ... he shut down the JSE. The new gov't restarted it. Despite folks trying to rewrite history, it is a known fact that Phillps was against the 1.5 measure. He was adamant it would cost the country .... but now the country is benefitting from it, he and his lackies want to take credit for it. No wonder it was as if macka a jook him during the budget debate last year when Dr. Clarke reminded him of his own words.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

"It’s well known that the economy crashed under Shaw whom had no clue how to manage the financial crisis". not true.

The country crashed under PJ Patterson administration and never recovered. For 18 years the rot took place, not 3 years under Shaw. Shaw was not exceptional and made mistakes but so too did Phillips. Phillips did a good job as an accountant but was not innovative or a change agent. Holness has shown him how to balance the budget while making changes.

Again very good example is Phillips wanted to close the JR stock exchange and as I said Wind Farm showed the difference in thinking.

Peter Phillips in opposition has not named one initiative to take Jamaica forward. There is 1 percent growth but there are some reasons like slow bauxite market, Construction in Jamaica doesn't lead to growth because almost everything in construction is imported.

So for 18 years the PNP was in power it was the upper class that benefited. At least people can point to 1.5, more training and jobs for youngsters and chances to own their home and stocks rather than cash plus. It is a start.

I am asking and Jamaica is asking, what are the initiative that Peter and crew will bring that will benefit them? PNP can't seem to define that.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LOL! When your original argument is exposed as total rubbish...you switch the subject from Petah vs Anju - to Ediat PJ vs Whoever// "Windfarm" // Junior Stock exchange and other peripheral rubbish. Meanwhile the main economic outcome to this point is 1%-2% growth rate

This is what's called a red herring. Only Dummies use that or fall for it. I've nothing against Anju (he gets my critical support) and no interest in political point scoring...That's for tribalists like you. I've arranged the visits of 2 Ministers from his Cabinet to NYC and yap about themselves and how wonderful they are in the past 3 years. Neither of them is in their job today

You so-called studied economics and taught the subject according to your many claims. However you've no idea on how to analyze the subject properly. You're either just weak in the subject or a fraud

Kindly join your companions in the irretrievably Dummy zone
                    Last edited by Don1; February 16, 2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Since you so bright give me one initiative that PP propose for Jamaica. Election around the corner, what is he offering?

Comment

Since you so bright give me one initiative that PP propose for Jamaica. Election around the corner, what is he offering?
                        Regretfully I'm too busy with managing multiple projects to track what Phillips is or isn't doing or saying. Aks smaddy who follow dat

Comment

I thought you were informed, how you calling people dummy???

Thanks it shows some ignorance on the subject at hand.

Comment

I thought you were informed, how you calling people dummy???

Thanks it shows some ignorance on the subject at hand.
                            LOL!!!!!! This is fabulous!!! Sass every post you makes confirms your dummy status

There's a HUGE difference between willfully avoiding something and therefore being unaware of its details by choice....and someone lacking the ability to understand concepts claimed to have been studied and taught in college.

The former describes someone who's busy or uninterested...and the latter is just a DUMMY

Comment

Mi nah waste you time when you free up some time you can defend your post until then tell PP to come stronger if him have any intention of winning, Andrew move too fast fi them . Too much lay lay and old bad habit inna PNP yah now.

Comment

Working...
                              X