RIP Bobby Digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Bobby Digital

One of the greatest dancehall producers. Coming from from the tribe of King tubbys via the great King Jammys.

Produced a lot of Shabba early stuff, Buju Banton early stuff, Cocoa Tea, Sanchez, Flourgan, Sizzla, just to name a few.

His stuff had distinct sound with tight bassline.

Walk good Digital from the Digital B label and King Jammys studio.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

produced the entire da real ting album...legend...

Comment

Defintely an Icon, RIP!

Comment

A certified icon. Stressing the need for a music and sports Hall of Fame in Jamaica. The Verzuz battle Saturday night between Beenie Man and Bounty Killer had over 3 million across all online platforms watching. Jamaica needs to embrace and capitalize on our culture.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

A wonder why you bother? What happen to Miss Lou and Mikey Dread tape them from JBC??? We are living and talking history instead of archiving it and we don't realize.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lessons aplenty
            JaRIA president wants more for entertainment industry

For Ewan Simpson, president of the Jamaica Reggae Industry Association (JaRIA), there is a plethora of lessons to be learned from Saturday night's much-talked-about online clash between dancehall favourites Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, which was staged as part of the ongoing series Verzuz.

He noted that while the event was huge, and a big means of exposure for Jamaican music and culture, it was not really a surprise, pointing to what he called a serious demand and market for Jamaica has to offer the world in terms of entertainment.

“Saturday night was just a snapshot, just a piece of what is really out there. This is just something that originated out of the United States. When you think of the rest of the world... Europe, Asia, and Africa, you get an idea of what that hunger is like. Each time there is an event such as this, when Jamaicans shine on an international stage in front of a mass audience, whether it is the Grammys or the BET Awards, we get excited, but it is time for us to harness that into real gains,” he told the Jamaica Observer.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...4?profile=1606
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

so why not open the hall of fame of reggae museum

Comment

they should use the outameni property in trelawny that is sitting idle... portia used NHT funds to bail out loyal comrade lenny little-white...GOJ bought it from him when there were zero offers for any price...bus in tourists from falmouth cruise ship pier & give them a top notch 2 hour extravaganza...

Comment

great idea Bricky.

Comment

Working...
                  X