HL!!!.......Have you seen this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......Have you seen this???

EFL League One and EFL League Two clubs vote to introduce salary cap: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53696424

*We'll see what happens. I'm sure the PFA will do everything they can to prevent this, because if the clubs are successful here, look for the Championship and Premiership clubs to try this.

*Bundesliga club, FC Schalke 04, is in financial trouble and is capping annual salaries at €2.5M per player. I think that's one of the reasons why McKinnie is pushing for a transfer.

They can get away with it USAF. Only locals watch those games. So it's the prudent way to save money by management.

MLS Soccer was developed on that premise....

Will not happen for top clubs.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Not saying they can't get away with it. I'm saying that the PFA will fight hard to prevent it, because I sure the PFA is thinking that if the owners get it done at the lower divisions, the owners in the Championship and Premiership will be motivated to try it.......A year or two ago, it was reported that it was being discussed in Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A.

It's not surprising that MLS adopted a salary cap, because 3 of the 4 major U.S. professional sports leagues already operated with one (NBA, NFL & NHL), and remember some of the influential MLS owners already owned sports teams in salary cap leagues.

I wouldn't say that it "will not happen for top clubs", because some of the highest paid team sports' athletes and some of the richest sports teams, in the world, compete in salary cap leagues (NBA, NFL, NHL).

Comment

Working...
      X