Schoolboys dragged from vehicle, shot dead execution style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schoolboys dragged from vehicle, shot dead execution style

“I can only describe what I have heard as barbaric.” Garcia said, adding, “I do not want to believe that our students, going home after their day at school are no longer safe,” Garcia said.
    In a statement, the Ministry of Education quoted Garcia as saying, “I am disturbed by the fact that our students are not safe while using public transport and what is even more disturbing is that they were killed while in school uniform.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...on-style_49469

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Does it really matter if they were killed in uniform?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Madness! PR, is there more to this story?

25 bullets for schoolboys
      By Ryan Hamilton-Davis Saturday, January 23 2016

SUCCESS Laventille Secondary schoolboys Mark Richards, 15, and Denilson Smith, 17, were shot upwards of 25 times collectively, autopsies revealed yesterday.

The two were pulled out of a private-hire (PH) taxi along Picton Road in Laventille on Thursday and riddled with bullets. The quantum of gunshots were revealed by relatives who spoke with Newsday outside the Forensic Science Centre in St James yesterday.

Mark was shot between five to ten times while Denilson was shot ten to 15 times, said relatives who insisted both were killed out of “spite”. Family members said an ongoing turf war in Laventille has the entire community living in fear of violent death. Not only did relatives speak on the violence but they also said a teenaged gangster was the one who pulled the trigger and ended the lives of the schoolboys.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,223016.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know only what the papers have reported. According to the principal of the school both were well-behaved and good school citizens. However, IF they were related to criminals, often the innocent pay for their (the criminals') gang-related activities. Today's paper suggests that some of this weekend's gunplay was in retaliation for the boys' killing.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160...shed-continues

As an aside, just Tuesday night gone at about 7pm, I heard a loud explosion outside, followed by a whole heap of quarrelling. Half hour later I found out some men shot and killed a man just up the hill from my house. As the crow flies 200-300m. And with carnival in full swing badman looking cash money to buy tickets, shoes, and outfit to go and "fête". Head_in_hand:
        Peter R

Comment

Just saw this:
          http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/...nts-laventille
          Peter R

Comment

Just sad!

I still can't come to grips with T&T having depressed neighbourhoods.

At least Jamaica doesn't have the race angle to deal with in our social issues.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Drugs. Until we really make an effort to stop cocaine and guns, this wil continue...in fact it will only get worse...place needs a cleansing....

Comment

No disrespect but fi dem ghetto look like some mansions.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                X