Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCG: Again !

https://mol.im/a/8509655

I am convinced this is the reason why Jamaica has a low mortality rate. In nations that have an active and thorough vaccination regime,it has shown to be effective because when you look at nations like India and the U.K which stopped or has used it sparingly recently ,COVID is rampant.

We need studies !

https://www.zmescience.com/science/t...19-protection/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I want them to explain to me how so many Jamaicans with the same vaccination died in US and UK. Hope they put that in the study.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I want them to explain to me how so many Jamaicans with the same vaccination died in US and UK. Hope they put that in the study, as see the difference between people who have the vaccine but live in other states that is affected.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What's "so many" Johnny??

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        I want them to explain to me how so many Jamaicans with the same vaccination died in US and UK. Hope they put that in the study.

How many of the ~3 million native Jamaicans in the US & UK died due to Covid-19 Johnny? You seem to have a data source on this by your statement
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22C3Z5

Per capita deaths for people in Britain who had black Caribbean heritage were three times that for British citizens who are white, the Institute for Fiscal Studies said.

If you have any connection to any British community, you would have to ask about the what it has done to the older population there in London and Birmingham.

Comment

The article states different types of BCG vaccines and social conditions could be factors in answering your questioins,e.g age and health conditions. In other words Jamaicans at home might be recieving a more potent vaccine combined with living a healthier lifestyle e.g diet and activity,cleaner air, which has proven to lead to a healthier lifespan.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You're disingenuous with that quote you selected Johnny

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22C3Z5

Per capita deaths for people in Britain who had black Caribbean heritage were three times that for British citizens who are white, the Institute for Fiscal Studies said.
              Also in the article:

People from some ethnic minorities in Britain are dying in disproportionate numbers from COVID-19, possibly in part because they are more likely to work in healthcare and other sectors most exposed to the virus, a leading think tank said on Friday.
              Part of the extra death rate could be explained by ethnic minorities’ higher likelihood to live in London or other cities hit hard by the virus, but geography was not the only factor.
              “There is unlikely to be a single explanation here and different factors may be more important for different groups,” Ross Warwick, a research economist at the IFS said.
              Data from the United States has shown African Americans are more likely to die from COVID-19, highlighting longstanding disparities in health and inequalities in access to medical care there

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

yes but they Jamaicans in Britain also have the vaccine. We still have a lot of the similar underlining condition in Jamaica.

Comment

You have a problem understanding the article you posted. 1st black and carribbean heritage doesnt mean its exclusively Jamaicans who are being affected, 2nd having similar conditions doesnt factor in variables as to what they are and the numbers in the data set.

Jamaicans having recieved the vaccine who migrated to western nations must factor in social determinants of healthy living e.g food,housing, activity, air,medical care etc in comparison to those at home (JA) to come to your conclusion why many are dying in those countries.

The article states you have mitigating conditions of which preexisting conditions are one of them. Preexisting conditions can develop over time and are linked to social detreminants e.g too much hamburger instead of ital stew leads to diabetes, stroke and heart conditions.

All these put you at a higher risk for COVID.

Comment

Johnny the issue is identical to the factors governing the prior issue around heat.

* BCG could be a mitigating factor even if the infection or death rates for Jamaicans are higher than the average for other groups

* A mitigating factor in essence means that but for that factor the infection or death rate would be higher than what's actually recorded... ceteris paribus

As a prize-winning data scientist & college economics tutor surely you understand those concepts???

Comment

I won't argue with you, Do me a favor and find out for yourself how devastating Covid is to the older generation of Jamaicans living in England in places like London and Birmingham. just ask.

Comment

In other words you dont have the data,the same article you posted has none! Just a general statement and I must do research to justify your queries. The thing is I agree with you that,Jamaicans in western nations were more affected, again as the article states mitigating factors of being the epicenter and where social determinants play a huge role in my opinion. That doesnt mean the BCG vaccine isnt effective for those at home and abroad. To prove this you need data,of which we have none yet.

That said I dont have to ask,I see it in the USA. A burger s day,keeps the BCG astray....hehe.

Comment

They official numbers are not tracked by country but you can go ahead and get the information from any Jamaican source in the UK. It is not hard to see the devastation on older Jamaicans in the UK. A whole generation of older Jamaicans are getting hit hard in the UK. If you have any relatives there chances are many were badly affected by COVID 19. Many of the windrush generation is affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                            In other words you dont have the data,the same article you posted has none! Just a general statement and I must do research to justify your queries. The thing is I agree with you that,Jamaicans in western nations were more affected, again as the article states mitigating factors of being the epicenter and where social determinants play a huge role in my opinion. That doesnt mean the BCG vaccine isnt effective for those at home and abroad. To prove this you need data,of which we have none yet.

That said I dont have to ask,I see it in the USA. A burger s day,keeps the BCG astray....hehe.
                            Johnny is just unable to extrapolate from a simple concept to logical conclusions. One-dimensional & irrational thought processes at work. Frustrating somewhat but interesting to observe

Comment

If they are older more than likely they have mitigating factors ,e.g preexisting conditions.Again they are in the epicenter.

Ahhhhhh sah,have a nice day,I am out of this conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X