RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many Blacks in Italian youth football....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many Blacks in Italian youth football....

What's your view?

Sacchi: Too many blacks in Italian youth teams

20 hrs ago

Former AC Milan coach Arrigo Sacchi has said that youth teams in Italy have too many black players.

The 68-year-old former Italy boss attended the Viareggio Tournament this month, the most prestigious youth tournament in Italy, which was won by Inter.

Sacchi, although insisting he is not racist, feels that an increase in black and foreign players is a bad thing for football in the country.

"Italian football is now without dignity or pride because it has too many foreigners playing in the youth teams," he is quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport. "In our youth sides there are too many black players.

© Provided by Goal.com "I'm certainly not racist, which my history as a coach proves, starting with Frank Rijkaard, but watching the Viareggio Tournament, I would say that there are too many black players. Italy has no dignity, no pride. You cannot have teams made up of 15 foreigners."

Sacchi, who also coached Parma and Atletico Madrid and was Director of Football at Real Madrid, later attempted to clarify that he is not racist but that his comments were misunderstood.

"I have been misinterpreted. Imagine if was racist. I only said that I saw at a game with a team that fielded four black guys. My story is clear, I always coached teams with different colors and I bought many, both in Milan and at Real Madrid. I just wanted to point out that we are losing pride and our national identity."
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Read it and laughed. What century is he living in? Not only him but others. The current Italian Fa president made some racist remark and was still elected. Are they of the view that if a person of African descent is born in Italy, that person is not Italian?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
      What's your view?

Sacchi: Too many blacks in Italian youth teams

"I'm certainly not racist, which my history as a coach proves, starting with Frank Rijkaard, but watching the Viareggio Tournament, I would say that there are too many black players. Italy has no dignity, no pride. You cannot have teams made up of 15 foreigners."

"I have been misinterpreted. Imagine if was racist.
      You know a racist A$$hole once they have to preface their statements with "I'm not a racist, BUT....."

I guess he would be ok if the national team was made up of other white immigrants.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Him nuh hear say di world going tan?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i don't understand his defence...aren't the black players italian?

Comment

I was about to say: Mek him tan deh!
            Peter R

Comment

although insisting he is not racist, feels that an increase in black and foreign players is a bad thing for football in the country.

"Italian football is now without dignity or pride because it has too many foreigners playing in the youth teams," he is quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport. "In our youth sides there are too many black players

If he stuck to just foreign players in italian yoot teams then thats one argument. But from the quote (if accurrate) him singling out black players in particular. As said earlier, you have black players born in italy but obviously he dont accept them as being Italian.

Comment

Clearly not the kind of Italians that Italy can be proud of
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"Italian football is now without dignity or pride because it has too many foreigners playing in the youth teams," he is quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport. "In our youth sides there are too many black players."

Tell us all you need to know about him
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Nothern Italians donor consider Sicilians to be Italian. Me personally si fight bruk out between 2 elderly gentlemen from each place. It was an unbelievable sight

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                    X