Considering the world consumption of Cod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering the world consumption of Cod

...I am just shocked that this speci of fish has not been extinct.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Originally posted by HL View Post
    ...I am just shocked that this speci of fish has not been extinct.
    Herring and salmon would have become extinct long before cod then.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I would guess that both herring & salmon are more prolific breeders....

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        I would guess that both herring & salmon are more prolific breeders....
        Perhaps!

So, you were having some ackee and saltfish and this just came to mind? Are you thinking of going into the fish breeding business?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just thinking to myself, but Jeezas, if Cod were to go extinct, what would happen to our national dish of Ackee and Salt Fish? I guess it doesn't say Ackee and Salted Cod, so other fish could be substituted.

Wheeww!!!! That was close!
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            Just thinking to myself, but Jeezas, if Cod were to go extinct, what would happen to our national dish of Ackee and Salt Fish? I guess it doesn't say Ackee and Salted Cod, so other fish could be substituted.

Wheeww!!!! That was close!
            I know! Maybe time to start stockpiling some saltfish!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Fried Pork skin and ackee was tasty back in the days.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Eternal Fire fe saltfish!

Weh dem a go wid ackee and salt fish
                Better dem gi me ackee and garlic
                Pass me a map and a compass on yah
                Mek me show dem salt fish nuh come from on yah

Dah fish deh come a far way
                Dem bring him all the way from Norway
                Hey, a couldnt rasta dem a try fi trick
                Cause dat caan be me national dish!
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1DrNNhsZHo

Historian will be thrilled with this Rasta reasoning!
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1DrNNhsZHo

Historian will be thrilled with this Rasta reasoning!
                  Lol, boss. I guess he has an interesting point about the imported portion of our national dish (lol).

Seriously, though, this album by Chronixx is a welcome breath of fresh air on the reggae landscape. Traditional, mainstream reggae is being saved by people like Chronixx, Taurrus Riley, Jah Cure, and several others.

Tarrus Riley’s “Gimme Likkle One Drop.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VqhsFpbCo4

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    Lol, boss. I guess he has an interesting point about the imported portion of our national dish (lol).

Seriously, though, this album by Chronixx is a welcome breath of fresh air on the reggae landscape. Traditional, mainstream reggae is being saved by people like Chronixx, Taurrus Riley, Jah Cure, and several others.

Tarrus Riley’s “Gimme Likkle One Drop.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VqhsFpbCo4

Has Tarrus Riley ever been nominated for a Grammy? Has he been eligible?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Perhaps!

So, you were having some ackee and saltfish and this just came to mind? Are you thinking of going into the fish breeding business?
                      No, I was talking to an employee. She's Brazilian. Their consumption of Cod is measured mega TONS!!!

So too is Cod consumption in Spain and Portugal. Mexico and South America also consumes massive amounts of this fish..,...

Took the time to take a quick look--and the Cod population was 'endangered' during the 90's. Seems like Cod farming is a big industry.

From the looks of it---don't think Ackee and Saltfish is going anywhere. We can eat to our hearts content. Saltfish like dirt!!

HL

Comment

We chess high. More time mi just hold the salted baccala and polloack. Now much difference and a lot cheaper.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I quite like the fresh filleted cod.

Salted pallock...not so fond that fish.

HL

Comment

yeah the fresh cod is very nice, especially seasoned right.

Comment

Bacalao...nuh same ting as cod?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X