Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most Stupid rule by the US Soccer Federation

No heading run for children under 11.

If a kid under 11 head a ball it is a foul. Now I see the ball going to kids and they are actually pulling out of the way. They are putting their feet up to try to get the ball. Isn't that more dangerous? Kids with proper heading techniques have to be pulling out of headers. Now wouldn't it be better to use a protective gear that they sell, that is more like an headband to take some of the impact?

I can see the US developing youngsters who are unable to head the ball at later age. Most of the teams I rearly head the ball that much and are playing on a smaller field with only 7 players on the side.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

If they plan 7V7 with a retreat line so you bullfrog the back you would reduce heading,

Comment

I have been heading footballs from 1st form, when I was 11 years old. There was no adverse effect!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But Mo how u determine dat there isn't an effect

Shouldn't u post ur recent MRI or cat scan pon di site so we can verify...
        Hold up ...U nooh wat mi believe u...that there isn't any affect from u headas dem
        "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          I have been heading footballs from 1st form, when I was 11 years old. There was no adverse effect!

The best laugh I've had all month!!

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Wait, maybe dat explain certain tings?!
            Peter R

Comment

My doctor believes I could be the fittest forumite ever.

Trump and I share the same doctor, btw.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am shocked!
                Isn't Trump his own doctor?

Comment

You do realize that the US Soccer Federation was forced to make - "the most Stupid rule"??? This rule was made because of a LAWSUIT.

"The new guidelines are part of a settlement of a lawsuit filed last year. A group of parents and players filed a class-action suit against U.S. Soccer and others, claiming the defendants had been negligent when dealing with player concussions.

The plaintiffs weren't after monetary damages but instead wanted the kind of rules changes that were announced this week."

Comment

An alternative was to use protective gear, no?

http://fortune.com/2015/07/07/protec...r-concussions/
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

They shall instill the reflex action of 'duckin di ball'!
                      Great...????
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

They'll soon ban tackling. God forbid a clash of heads resulting in a concussion!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The federation decided to go along with what was requested in the lawsuit (protective head gear was not an option), instead of fighting them, and I can't blame them, because it would have COST them (fighting the lawsuit & appeals).

Comment

welcome to the USA. since returning, some of the things I have seen are shocking.

Comment

Welcome back to the forum, Bill. How are your sons doing?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X