How Atlanta Became The Black Soccer Capital Of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Atlanta Became The Black Soccer Capital Of America

'LISTEN TO THE KIDS': HOW ATLANTA BECAME THE BLACK SOCCER CAPITAL OF AMERICA

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Can't say I see it as the Black soccer capital. Yes there is a lot of black kids playing but there are many kids of different color and creed playing the game. Almost every little town, every little village have a team, whether it is rec or academy program. A really large amount of kids playing soccer in Georgia. A lot more than New York based on the population and density.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Very good post Lazie!

Football has caused massive changes to ATL. The participation of Blacks is more apparent.

I take the train to the MLS games. The trains are all packed . At Five Points station ... it gets even worse.

I am very happy to be living in this state.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

uhmm.. I dont know about that. So why dont UG and Georgia Tech have soccer programs.... hype over substance..... just like their idiat team

Comment

As I said years ago very few teams in the SEC which Georgia is apart of and the ACC which Georgia tech is a part of have soccer program. Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky are a few.

College soccer is the missing link as when kids reach 17 and 18 if they don't get on a Atlanta United etc. they are pretty much done unless they go away to a college. IN Atlanta only Georgia state have a college team as a decent d1 college.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so how you spreading fake news bout soccer hot bed.. its hot thats about it... (..)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              As I said years ago very few teams in the SEC which Georgia is apart of and the ACC which Georgia tech is a part of have soccer program. Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky are a few.

College soccer is the missing link as when kids reach 17 and 18 if they don't get on a Atlanta United etc. they are pretty much done unless they go away to a college. IN Atlanta only Georgia state have a college team as a decent d1 college.
              You can blame title 9 too.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                Very good post Lazie!

Football has caused massive changes to ATL. The participation of Blacks is more apparent.

I take the train to the MLS games. The trains are all packed . At Five Points station ... it gets even worse.

I am very happy to be living in this state.
                What state is that? "of confusion"? You support M$ity, don't you?
                .. LOL Couldn't help it HL. Hope all is well with you and the secretary!
                Peter R

Comment

College soccer is not used as a TRUE indicator of a city or state's soccer culture, in the U.S., because college soccer is controlled by the school, conference & NCAA. The city or state has no say or control/involvement in the college game.......The University of New Mexico (Albuquerque) had one of the top college soccer men's program, in the country, and now their athletic department has decided to cut the program, to make up a deficit, despite the city pleading with them to keep the program.......Also, U. of West Virginia has a rated college program, but no one would ever say Morgantown is a soccer city, and there are many cities like that, where college soccer is the only real game in town.

The indicators are: activity/participation at the youth level (youth clubs & academies), recreational/pick-up & amateur club participation, and support.

Comment

I don't I used hotbed but what I know is that it a magnet for youth soccer and it is growing rapidly.

Comment

yep.

Comment

With all of the that, there are a lot of Elite programs and Academy programs who have kids who are not seen or pass over by the Atlanta Uniteds of the world who can make it to the next Level. College is a good outlet. There are far too little soccer clubs for kids 16-20 in the south region. Soccer program cost a fraction of college football team. ATL can only take a little over 24 kids in each age group. These colleges have very good gyms and sports facilities that would help to develop these players.

Comment

Everything in Atlanta overrated including.

Comment

Working...
                          X