Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sass, everyone...

https://www.facebook.com/patti.a.tra...0091012175387/

The powers that be are shameless, renaming SOE as it pertains to St. James is evidence of one parish given undue credence over others, they are not even trying to hide it.

Comment

haven't been there much, as I rather the off the beat rivers and the beaches in Portland. It doesn't surprise me, It all come down from the managers and the untrained staff. The Marina is widely use but I appreciate that this woman is bringing up the subject. If everybody keep quiet it continue.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        haven't been there much, as I rather the off the beat rivers and the beaches in Portland. It doesn't surprise me, It all come down from the managers and the untrained staff. The Marina is widely use but I appreciate that this woman is bringing up the subject. If everybody keep quiet it continue.
        Welcome to Jamrock my brother.

Comment

Nothing new under the sun:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...ay-plantations
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
            As a black person, try talking to 9ne of the black security guards at the Holiday Inn, Montego Bay. They are mostly straight from the plantations. Totally stupid and backward. Well trained by their white handlers.

Comment

Can you blame them,that's the criteria for the job and given the high unemployment many would go to school to learn the criteria.

Nuh true Sass?
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That is from someone who is ignorant about tourism training. People who are trained don't act that way. I am sure you can find those backward people in the industry you work as well.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Our @tpdcoja Destination Manager for Portland and St. Thomas, Mr. Daryl White-Wong recently met with visitor to the island, Ms. Patti-Ann Trainor, to discuss issues she raised about a local marina, in a now viral Facebook Live post. As a result of the discussion, steps are now being put in place to ensure the problems raised are resolved.

Specifically, all security personnel at the facility will now undergo our Team Jamaica training, to improve their customer service skills. The Port Authority of Jamaica, who own and operate the marina, also sought to clarify the perception of prejudice against Ms. Trainor’s friend. They explained that while the marina has many public facilities, the pool in question should only be accessible to persons who have paid to dock at the marina.

It remains the Ministry’s priority to ensure that both our visitors and citizens experiencing the product are treated with the utmost respect at all times and their rights are not compromised. Therefore, Ms Trainor’s suggestions were also taken into account as we strive to improve our tourism product for all.

Comment

yeah but that rule regarding use of the pool was only invoked when her friend entered the equation .... before that she had free reign.

betta him neva did even address that by saying what he did. that was a retrograde step to an otherwise reasonable response...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      That is from someone who is ignorant about tourism training. People who are trained don't act that way. I am sure you can find those backward people in the industry you work as well.
                      That's right. The idiot security guards should be capable of good judgement or at least basic human decency no matter what the training.

Comment

Interesting that these things seem to get more blatant when....
                        Ok back to the prosperity train. Nothing has changed much in the Jamaican plantation. The ignorant security guards are now being thrown under the bus as if they could ever take it upon themselves to determine policy. They were acting/doing exactly what is expected of them by their employers. Who expected the white lady to complain? Embarrassed the plantation dolly house. Tourism prosperity mi seh.

Comment

Rudi good to see the man check in. Hope all is well on your side.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Everything Criss big man.

Comment

Did you read my orginal post?

"It all come down from the managers and the untrained staff. The Marina is widely use but I appreciate that this woman is bringing up the subject. If everybody keep quiet it continue."

This doesn't just happen it tourism, it happens in many walk of life in Jamaica, in healthcare, in education etc. Again training is the only way I know to get it better.

Comment

Working...
                              X