Fabian Davis resigns as Arnett Gardens head coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabian Davis resigns as Arnett Gardens head coach

This letter is to inform the media, the public and the Arnett Gardens community that I am hereby resigning from my position as coach of Arnett Gardens Football Club.

I am sure everyone has been aware of the recent activities of the club which has been as much a puzzle to me as it has been to the general public.

Just to explain, when I was offered the job of player/coach of Arnett Gardens, I saw it as my mandate to transition the team and groom a younger unit of players for the future prosperity of the club. I was able to achieve that at the latter part of last season with players like Newton Sterling, Desmond Breakenridge and Kevin King. Transitioning the club to a younger set of players was not necessarily the vision of certain members of the management team and so carrying out my duties became increasingly difficult over the months.

The task of coaching had put a strain on my playing time as I needed to fully concentrate on the team in my capacity as player/coach. The management team did not see eye to eye with this decision either as they thought I should have played a more active role on the playing field.

Much of what transpired in the second round of this season has played out in the media, but to be clear, I became injured after the first match under the new panel of coaches, and was asked to assume coaching duties for the gme against Humble Lions even though i was not involved in preparing the team, so I compliedon match day. Given the comments of some members of the management team in the media following that game, I decided that it was time for me to depart from my role as coach at the club.

As you know, given the recent spate of poor performances with the team I have been made to play, I tendered my resignation to the club on December 29. That resignation was rejected by the Chairman; however, I consider the recent spate of management changes at the club to be poorly and unprofessionally handled.

The management team, at that December 29 meeting, asked me to concentrate on playing for the next 3 games as they needed me on the field while a panel of coaches would take over the reins for the duration of the round. The chaos which has since transpired leaves me with no option but to walk away from this situation.

I enjoyed my time as player at the club for which I won a championship in 2001 and 2 and feel grateful for the knowledge that I have gained and opportunity presented to me by Dr. Davies. I would like to thank the Chairman and the president for their unwavering support. As a professional, I am once again prepared to give 100% to the Arnett Gardens Football Club and community on the playing pitch for the duration of this season.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

The badness and lack of professionalism with that club will always hold it back.

Comment

You meant 'badmanship" right?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Sigh. Courtney would have sorted them out.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I mean badness as said by the "great" George P.

Comment

Working...
          X