JC: The Academy is now open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC: The Academy is now open

At present, there is a stand that can seat approximately 1,000 spectators, but this will be upgraded to 5,000 as soon as we have the space for this. Also, we will be able to host events at night as we will have lights," said Forbes. He revealed, however, that the lights would not be ready for the first meet, but that the equipment was already in the island and would be put up at a later date.

In the 1980s, it was he who had this vision for a mini sports stadium at the school, and as time went by, we saw the urgent need for this. Now, it is a reality, and the athletes and coaching staff are excited as this will definitely help in motivating the team for success at Boys' Champs. We are not getting ahead of ourselves as the hard work will still have to be done, but something like this will definitely help," Forbes said.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...-williams-meet
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Jamaica College to create history with new US$2m stadium

https://www.sportsmax.tv/index.php/a...th-new-stadium

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well done. More power to buying of athletes to fill the the new stadium. More opportunities to the poor.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Give thanks to Cbar/KC for enabling this project

.... Their role was critical

General Forbes speaks...
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You remember when I asked you back then what role does winning school boy competitions play in garnering old boy support in building up the school resources.

You care to revisit that answer,i see the green field (already) ,the seated stands (already) ,your adversaries lack those.

One ole boy did that

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
            You remember when I asked you back then what role does winning school boy competitions play in garnering old boy support in building up the school resources.

You care to revisit that answer,i see the green field (already) ,the seated stands (already) ,your adversaries lack those.

One ole boy did that
            I don't recall being asked that. But obviously as JC is owned by a trust and primarily funded by alumni - the school lives or dies by alumni support.

Sport is the #1 activity which gets most alumni energized & engaged - leading to $$ for any worthwhile project.

That's common knowledge so I can't imagine not recognizing that. Except that in my case I'm energized by driving innovation for students countrywide
            Last edited by Don1; January 5, 2019, 09:30 AM.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I will try and find it ,to refresh your memory.

Comment

Live from the JC Academy!

https://www.facebook.com/stridevisio...0000995601881/

Comment

Working...
                X