X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony James :God must have sent this man

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...9?profile=1606
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Jangle : As I stated why the franchise thing cant work.

Kingston, by its very nature of football population, sponsorships and the capacity to invest the capital has it, the rest of the country doesn't have it. Montego Bay has a little dribbling of it.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

...and as I stated, this franchise thing cannot happen within a vacuum....

“I don't see the Premier League as a structure by itself that can take football forward, [though I give] all credit and respect to the clubs that are struggling and have invested so much of the very little resources they have to make it happen.

“Jamaica's football would have to come to a recognition of the difference between amateur football and professional football, and the whole nation would have to get behind a premier league professional structure if the premier league is to be meaningful,” said James.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Exactly and a franchise as we know it ,cannot be supported by the Jamaican economy outside of Kingston, a restructing of the RSPL or ( premier league professional structure ) is what is needed.

There is a reason why 7 of the 12 RSPL teams are in Kingston and St Catherine,as I stated it is located in areas of high popuplation with moderate income to support those teams ,working class people in density.

Same thing in the states , they are located in cities ,not bush or rural areas,not mocko,for a reason.

Comment

"Exactly and a franchise as we know it ,cannot be supported by the Jamaican economy outside of Kingston, a restructing of the RSPL or ( premier league professional structure ) is what is needed."

You cannot draw a conclusion that it couldn't work because you don't know what the franchise plans are. Any sensible persons drafting a franchise plan must account for the profitability of putting teams in rural areas. Based on your line of argument, then a 10-team franchise system would only be profitable in Kingston and MoBay. As I said before, for any franchise system to work, the clubs' revenues cannot be from gate receipts alone. There must be a plan to market the new league with possible TV rights among other things. The bottom line is that it would take a massive investment and a complete restructuring of Jamaica's footballing landscape for a franchise system to work, and not because of your reason about the economy of Kingston.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Of course I can draw the conclusion that it cannot work.1st the objective is to make money,I dont expect any investor to go into that venture without that being the primary objective you give credence to that by mentioning gate receipts revenues and T.V rights i.e profits. 2nd putting a franchise in rural areas eliminates one source of revenvue that is gate reciepts,if T.V rights was a way forward for revenue the RSPL would be making money from it ,not currently struggling.

No one is going to make that kind of massive investment given those two negatives i.e lack of gate receipts in rural areas and negible T.V rights as it stands.

Yuh stubborn nuh...yuh see why yuh finish 2nd to lass inna fantasy league.

Comment

X nuh know what him a talk say. The first thing is JFF or whoever is setting up the franchise would approach businesses within the area for a stake, an example is a Franchise in Eastern Jamaica could be owned by Lee Chin, or Jamaica Producers, One in St Ann could be owned by one of the many tourism interest there, in Mobay you have too many suitors, In Saint Elizabeth you have the bauxite interest, Manchester you have many businesses you could approach, St. Catherine and Clarendon also have many suitors, and so too Westmoreland and Hanover.

The fact that the teams would be all over the island doesn't mean it will not have a lot of players from Kingston, I assume the teams would want the better players, just like how hotel cricket in Jamaica get all the best players from every parish and Jamaica national players. JFF would have to make development component mandatary.

Mosiah or anyone who been to a game at Lynch Park Buff Bay can tell you it was an experience as people from the Buff Bay valley and all over Portland and St.Mary flooded the game with a natural vibes. I assume this would be the same in some rural areas but nuff town man will never know. Franchise is the way to go but a lot of town man and ghetto management will not want that to happen because it means they will give up the politics day to day running of the clubs.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What about Tony James:

Kingston, by its very nature of football population, sponsorships and the capacity to invest the capital has it, the rest of the country doesn't have it. Montego Bay has a little dribbling of it.

I think he is the past president of something does he know what he is talking about ?

Comment

James is thinking too local. You have to get other people who are currently not directly involved in football. You have to build a product. Just like how A League in the US had no real support but MLS has created a market and support of huge portion. Do me a favor and look at hotel cricket in Jamaica and see how they pay the top cricketers to compete for 3 to four months of the year.

James hasn't shown me he is a difference maker and his tenure at JFF wasn't something to write about.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Why havent the RSPL been able to build a profitable product ,why are 7 of the 12 teams located in Kgn & St Andrew and Portmore St Catherine ?

The only past president with something to write about is Burrell and his legacy in his last 10 years went down the drain, so please you dont have to denigrate the man opinion by denigrating him, he makes a valid point ,which asks valid questions, if you cant answer it, leave it alone.

Basically if it is as you suggest that sponsors and investors are out there why havent they invested in their respective clubs in the rural parishes,why is the RSPL clubs struggling for money,sponsorship, especially out of Kgn,St Andrew and Portmore.

Comment

Again because of the ghetto management surrounding football. Who wants to get involved. Most of the people who are involved just want a donation and support from a politician or a private entity. What they do not respond to is proper management structure, marketing or leadership.

Would you invest your money in a current RSPL club??? tell me that make sense. Bauxite company in ST. Elizabeth use to send youths teams go cup in the Nordics every year. Digicel send youth go English club every year so you can assume that they could easily sponsor and run an NPL team, Sandals was in the RSPL last year so you also assume they could run a team. I know Jamaica producers cut Grays Inn field in St. Mary and could sell their chips with their support of a team.

RSPL is struggling for sponsorship as people who could invest are not people who donate and get nothing in return. They don't just want "thank you" in return. Some want to make a difference and others want to make it a business, it is not possible under the current RSPL.

Comment

Two Words : MT Pleasant.

Mek sense !

Comment

Nothing against Tony James but we have always had what he called a "god send" like Swallowfield, Port Morant, Los Perfectos, and a few others but they are usually short lived. The fact that he is saying we need a few more but nothing about how to develop the overall product of football in Jamaica says a lot for me about his line of thinking. Isn't my former classmate Rudolf Spied a "god send" too for what he has done with the youths at Cavalier over the last few years?

We need to get more of a coporate structure and business mentality in the RSPL

Comment

So Is Bullead, for what he is doing with Phoenix

Mek sense !

Comment

Yeah I think the issue is we or they have not define the guide rails of what a franchise is, and how I has a franchisee make a profit. There is no revenue stream now so we need to create a plan has to driving that conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X