RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is big Sam the best English manager in UK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Is that true, or he is playing to his strengths? I have seen Bibi and Jay Jay Ochoca dazzled some boys a Bolton and Sam had no problem with that.

Listen you players not good at one-two then you can't play it, Big Sam first concern was building a solid defense. What you tell your defense, "if no option then boot it."
    Are you thinking that in all the previous TEAMs Big Sam has managed each did not have players who could pass well?

You point to his exploits at Bolton (and so did Stoni) and it is fact that some of those Bolton years the TEAMs passed very well indeed. However Sam had what I thought was an over-reliance on "hoof hit hup tap"!!!

I thought his love affair with the woeful Andy Carroll and building his attack around him (as so-called "target man" i.e. "hoof hit tuh Handy") was one-track and thus easily defended. It was a plot that side-stepped the passing game. What he has done with his current TEAM is in the context of past TEAM exploits (manner of playing) the exception. I think he are seeing the 'new improved Big Sam' at work. His current TEAM is playing more of the type game I 'love' and Big Sam and his TEAM is getting their just rewards.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"I thought his love affair with the woeful Andy Carroll and building his attack around him (as so-called "target man" i.e. "hoof hit tuh Handy")"

When did he do that? I think unnu just brand the man without even talking, How many goals has Andy Carroll scored for him? How many games did he play? Yet West Ham survived and Andy CarolL will have to hold a sub bench as he can't start over Valencia and Sakho. The fact Sam realize you play to your player's strength, Why wouldn't you use Caroll's height if he is available?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I have never understood this fascination with Andy Carroll. What did he ever do?

Comment

So who is the best English manager???!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It is between Big Sam and Harry. Look at Spurs, all now they can't recover from since Harry left. The management lost confidence because of Harry's dealing but hasn't found a man to settle the ship yet.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Many don't respect Big Sam, but he is one of the best English managers currently (and his previous records also points to that). If Big Sam was at the helm for England there world showing would be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                I think he is a really good manager and gets very good results with what many seem to think is substandard talent, what could he do with a Chelsea or Man City type talent. I think he would tear it up domestically and abroad.
                Who are the English managers in the UK?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X