No announcement yet.

Player Ratings (seen against Stoni's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you just can't accept that the man just good. "What drives his brain"? Really Stoni?!

As for McAnuff, as good as he showed himself to be, I'm going to throw in another Mac who could possibly replace him - Fabian McCarthy of MBUFC.

Memba mi told yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There are a few players I eould take my chances eith even if they are not playing their best,Lawrence,Dawkins,McAnuff and Mattocks.
      Grey isn't far from making that list.The lift he provided was amazing.

Comment

Karl,it waz quite flattering. when you suggested I write a players' rating
        ....,I am wise enough to know to keep my lane.
        There is no way I could do a job even remotely close to the standard set by Stonigut and Mr President.
        I will simply continue to enjoy exceptionally great readings.

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
          Watson and Richards...

You ARE the weakest link..

How Shavah tek suh long fi replace Richards with Joel Grant.. chalk and cheese !

Maybe I need to be a head coach to understand dem ting deh...
          Rewatch the games and you will see that Watson is not a weak link; he played his role well which allowed players like McAnuff to shine.

Comment

the 50 shapes of gray ... 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3 ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I don't have a clear sense of what drives him on defense

that can be a good thing ... if you don't know neither does the opponent and that makes it difficult to plan for him ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                the 50 shapes of gray ... 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3 ....
                Nice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                  Karl,it waz quite flattering. when you suggested I write a players' rating
                  ....,I am wise enough to know to keep my lane.
                  There is no way I could do a job even remotely close to the standard set by Stonigut and Mr President.
                  I will simply continue to enjoy exceptionally great readings.
                  ...and Don1's!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yap1 @ your service
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Don't need to re-watch anything..

Watson cyaan mek my side over certain people.

He is our WEAKEST midfield player (different from WEAK)

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                        Nice job sah, good stuff. Yuh killing me with the Gray thing, he played better but i am still a little wary, will have to see him a few more times. He is amazing in transition and supporting the attack, but that is brawta, the yam and dasheen is on the defense side, first tings first, he played well in the final.

Lawrence is a little monster, nuff tenacity and fight, my kind of player that. Him tek it personal!! No bwai can get past me!!! by the hook or the crook!

McAnuff is amazing, I just sat there wondering really, can we wind back the clock on this breda and get him back at 25.

We really have no way of identifying in the past the intangible thing that Schafer looks for first after establishing that the fundamental talent is there, he's looking for fighters, he is looking for man with guts who can play team first. Mcanuff is that type of player, Austin is that type of player.
                        Have to agree that Gray has improved in each match. Great potential.
                        The final: Played sensible game...TEAM!

Lawrence: Great potential. Played TEAM. In context of our TEAM building=learnign the game do not hold the hand ball against him.

Powell? - Can he move faster such that he has time to 'really pass'?
                        Great potential.

On defense...as players - (Each I am sure can fit elsewhere. These footballers...potential excellent footballers...top World footballers can be!) - ..these 3 we must keep for World Cup build up and in any case for laying the foundation for building TEAM culture.

Taylor - How is it Mosiah gives a player who often passed to the opponent such great ratings? Bad direct passes. Hoofs to opponents. Those make for excellent game?

Damn it all my teaching is for naught? It is not good to be giving away the ball. At this 2nd form level you escape with such errors. At higher levels, you and your teammates die because of those errors!

McAnuff is a footballer...save for his finishing! Can he last to the next World Cup? We need at least 3 more who are better than he is and younger than he is. Good TEAM player throughout tournament. ...save that 2nd half vs Antigua.

The strikers - Mattocks: One to teach. Potential to become top quality footballer. Needs to learn about TEAM. Little to nothing on defense. Therefore on occasions baggage!!! ...and that if he continues in same vein will be seen in pronounced manner as quality opposition rises. ...so teach him!!!!

Seaton and Dawkins?
                        Did not do enough on attack! ...but at times combined brilliantly with TEAMmates and showed could be good if they wanted to be.

...and on defense?
                        Cannot remember anything of the defensive work.

Midfielder/Striker - Grant!
                        Potential? Ball handling skills=the control=the technical part wonderful. Pace? Suspect! Saw nothing that showed he can move swiftly? Tactically? Ignorant! Led directly to his advance into great areas then meekly giving away the ball. Did that consistently!!!

Did he take a shot or find self in goal-scoring position? Cannot recall!
                        Did he set up a TEAM mate? Cannot recall!
                        Not good for someone who advanced so often!!!

Watson - Made too many bad passes to have received a higher mark than you gave...but his job of providing calmness and making himself 'one more man to beat' was vital! Assisted on disrupting the opposition attacks and allowed others of his TEAMmates to get forward.

I think he should be kept as part of the rebuilding and 3 better players who can do that type job he did found.

Interesting that you discounted Demar Philips' cameo. He brought energy...harassed opponents & set example for teammates to join him on the hustle when we were in serious danger of allow T'dad to over-run us. The coach entrusted him with a tough job ...stop the rot or at least slow the one-way T'dad traffic. Pick up the TEAM!!! I think he did that! ...a few of his TEAMmates came to life when he came on.

Definitely was a big factor in keeping the Trinidadians 'honest'. ...and his penalty-kick was master professional at work.

Look the quality opposition was 2nd form. As HL said we step into the arena with big boys come our next tournament. Then we shall see!!!

Good show by the Reggae Boyz as far as this tournament goes...but do you suddenly give a 60% passing grade an upgrade to 90% just because you are first in the class? ...weighted to that 90%? ...or should the teacher=Mosiah keep it real?

I would think that in the context of looking forward a decision must be taken on "how to improve all the students performances".

That the students can play TEAM is known! They showed it in spurts during the matches. How does the man in front of the class get them to play TEAM for full matches?

Finally: All the players should be kept save Dane. I am sorry but he has shown us in every match that he plays that can contribute nothing on defense and on attack he waits on all balls...naturally inclusive of under hit passes (so most often that is a/his consistent gave away of possession...and his passing seems to have been in past matches 90% to the opposition.

Worse than Shelton! At least Shelton jumped for balls. This guy remains anchored to the ground or does tippy-toes! ...have to say something that is a no-no for a teacher; this guy is a slow learner! Not teacher's fault! The fault is his!!!
                        Last edited by Karl; November 19, 2014, 07:51 PM.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yup! Andre Blake was brilliant!

10 out of 10!
                          Is fair!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Rockman, I know you have opinions. Hey you express them here all the time
                            I would enjoy your take!!! Trus mi I eagerly look forward to the reviews. gives insight into thinking on the game.

'Ratings' are always attended with reasons for same!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              thanks. yes he took those beaten too easily the other day, but he is an asset to the team, if you know the weakness you can work with it, ask Karl. It is all about TEAM. LOL!!!
                              Yuh hate TEAM eeennnh?

Comment

Fuss mi a see dis!

So, Karl, instead of coming with your ratings, you decide to critique my ratings?!?

Anyway, like anyone's ratings, they could be adjusted after a second look. Mine were done after the live telecast.

And let's not waterdown the performance of the players. Regardless of the opposition they did well.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X