RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is big Sam the best English manager in UK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is big Sam the best English manager in UK.

I think he is a really good manager and gets very good results with what many seem to think is substandard talent, what could he do with a Chelsea or Man City type talent. I think he would tear it up domestically and abroad.

how much time you see them say Big Sam a idiottt manager.
    Big Sam is a very good manager. Don't know if he got a big team if he would get the chance. He was rushed out of Newcastle.

Big Sam believe in Defense first but nuff man nuh believe inna that, them love pretty ball more than anything.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Please Stony and assasin Big sam team is playing well

currently and so all of a sudden he is the best English Manager. around..If these characteristics are used to judge a manager then I guess every team with a good run in managers are good...See Moyes with Everton.
      Big Sam will never be considered the best English Manager because he is not....An ok Manager yes but not the best ..please refrain from labeling Managers because of a few wins here and there...In my humble opinion Big Sam cannot coach a big side or top four team...very few English Managers can, outside of Sir Alex...The best Managers make timely tactical changes and show their mettle throughout a team.
      Last edited by PeeJay; October 27, 2014, 10:41 AM.
      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

One ah di most underrated manager ah Englan, memba him use di long ball an keep Bolton innah Premiership fi how long (was not mi favourite kah ah jus dat), wid a few ball handler like Bibi an Okoca. Now di man hah some baller handlers an di side a play some nice stuff. Haffi big up di manager kah it show him can adjust di style. Seem like di injury to him target man was ah blessing in disguise.

Comment

David Moyes got his chance. You don't know if Sam can or Can't. Not just win here and there for Sam. He has actually been a very successful manger. Just look where Bolton is today, He was finishing in top 7 with Bolton pretty often.

For sure Sam is better than Villa Boas and so many of them so called "Big foreign managers"
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sir alex is scottish .... who is the best english manager in your opinion?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Oh please, Stoni. Any side with Andy Carroll is bound to be a good side. Has nothing to do with the manager!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

let me rephrase for you
                "Oh please, Stoni. Any side with Andy Carroll on the bench is bound to be a good side. Has nothing to do with the manager!"

He hasn't played all season

Comment

I can tell you that he has made tremendous strides upwards along the learning curve. Even a few years past he ignored passing and possession as one of the very a top focus for his TEAM. He was in those days a "kick it long and chase it man". That was his style as a player and his TEAMs were taught along those lines. Now he mixes it up but passing has climbed towards the top of his priority for his TEAM!!!

Completely revolutionized and advanced his thinking on method of play and result gained from his new philosophy on TEAM-play. Yup! ...has shown self to be 'eternal learner' quality or trait that is a must have for any good teacher.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Is that true, or he is playing to his strengths? I have seen Bibi and Jay Jay Ochoca dazzled some boys a Bolton and Sam had no problem with that.

Listen you players not good at one-two then you can't play it, Big Sam first concern was building a solid defense. What you tell your defense, "if no option then boot it."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      let me rephrase for you
                      "Oh please, Stoni. Any side with Andy Carroll on the bench is bound to be a good side. Has nothing to do with the manager!"

He hasn't played all season
                      Really?! I would not be able to tell!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This thread would not have started if Sam didden beat my team. kisssteet.

The Hammers invested in a few good players. Das all.
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Really?! I would not be able to tell!
                          ...tankx for another.............
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I agree he does place emphasis on defense first

Which is good, and that he adapts with the players he has. However, I have to see his team continue to pass for the whole season for me to like his style of coaching
                            . I am not a fan of Kick it overlooking midfield as a way to play...I like beautiful Futsal. The better coach to me is Harry QPR coach. Over the long haul...Although currently QPR is not playing to reflect this.
                            "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Aaah you looking on the wrong thing PeeJay, look pon the man record, this is clearly a leader of men and his charges execute to order on a consistent basis he has led four different teams in his career to promotion to a higher league than is some serious achievement.

This is not a Breda that need the table to be set for him, him build the table and then set it himself. To bring four different team to promotion is probably unparalleled and pretty hard to find another with such a track record. The first promotion was in the Irish league in his first job, then he took Notts County from third div to second div with them wrapping the title in Mid March nineteen points clear of the team in second. His tenure after that was with Bolton leading that team from championship or first div to the epl in 2001 where they would stay up until he left in 2007 they returned to championship the next year, now that is impact. On top of that he led Bolton to fa cup and league cup semis as well as some good runs at Uefa cup. It is no coincidence that our best player over the last thirty years was managed by this man who recognized his talent early and ended up with Bibi captaining that squad on many occasions

Then he goes to west ham in 2011 who were in championship and leads them to epl now they are playing some good ball and you know his teams are always competitive because of committed defense.

Nuff man always focus on style, re re re him play long ball style and hoof ball and all that but is not style do anything, us substance and commitment and leadership and that is what Big Sam have thus the achievements of scaling heights again and again.

Comment

Working...
                              X