• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I am wrong about Mattocks

Darren Mattocks impresses for Jamaica in loss against Uruguay
    By Conor Dowley  @c_dowley on Jun 13, 2015, 4:59p +

Kyle Rivas/Getty Images
    Jamaica's best attacker had a good day and gave his national team reason to hope for a bright future.

 TWEET (26) SHARE (1) PIN
    Jamaica didn't beat Uruguay in their first match of the 2015 Copa America, giving up an ugly goal in the second half in a 1-0 loss, but they did have one ray of hope come out of their match: the performance of one Darren Mattocks.

The 24 year old striker, who plays his club ball with the Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS, may not have scored a goal, but he still turned in an excellent performance in perhaps the highest-level match he's played. Against an opposition that featured Edinson Cavani, Diego Godin, Alvaro Pereira, and Maxi Pereira, Mattocks didn't look one bit out of place, going toe-to-toe with all of them and coming out the other side not just in one piece, but looking all the better for having gone through that challenge.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/...arren-mattocks
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

You?!!! Wrong?! Perish the thought!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bwaaay yuh always rise early fi me ?....I will take a 2nd look at Mattocks.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Please rephrase ..... Thank you.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

lol

Comment

Hats off to you XMan. 🎩
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

you better stop bias your mind and take a second look again. As I tell you those are two very good center half playing in Europe and Goddin is amongst the elites.

Mattocks can be a frustrating but he makes very good runs, play in other players and can score with head and feet. Part of his problem was the coach in Toronto before now was playing 4 or 5 strikers and switiching their positions with no consistency.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I like his runs but he just doesn't seem to be a clinical finisher to me. He is probably the best we have at this time though.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

So, because this writer liked his performance, you are questioning your assessment?!?

Is that how it works?!!?

KMT!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Islandman, do you know ball like Conor Dowley?

Manager of The Siren's Song, contributor at The Liverpool Offside, and all-around sports nerd. Pacific Northwest born and bred. Sometimes called the Crusher of Dreams and Destroyer of Hopes.
                    He's a Liverpool fan, so maybe that's why X will give him the benefit of the doubt.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yeah, not consistent or a clinical finisher at this time. Hopefully it will get better. Somewhat like one Sterling. It needs time on the pitch and confidence to get better.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So, your final assessment of Mattocks is...?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He make good runs, he hold up the ball well and bring other players in the game. He works very hard at times. He can beat defenders. His shooting needs to get better and he needs to get a team that he is constantly playing and working at his craft.

He is talented, fast and can be a handful for defense. If he continue to work on his shooting he will be a force to reckon with.

What is yours. I notice you are just in one liner and asking questions today. Haven't seen any assessment from you, what up wid that?

Comment

Everybody saw the game. No one wants my assessment. Or do you?

I think Mattocks did ok. His miss was of NPL quality and I am disapointed because this is not the sort of thing you'd expect from an MLS veteran. But his game was more than just that missed shot, even tho...

But my bigger point here was - if you think a player did not do well, and yuh think yuh know ball, who is some American to tell yuh different?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              So, because this writer liked his performance, you are questioning your assessment?!?

Is that how it works?!!?

KMT!
                              ....................is jes now u realise is so him stay??? LOL!!!! All the tripe him a chat gens BR ah whey u tink it come from? LOL!!!! Him don' have the wattage to think for himself.
                              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                              X