This foreign philosophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This foreign philosophy

I know for a fact that even more foreign-based players were being pursued by the coaching staff for the Copa America and the Gold Cup assignments. If some of those players who were being pursued never shunned the call-up, then even more locally based players would have been sacrificed for this 'foreign philosophy'. That is a fundamental flaw that continues to cripple the development of the young local players and, ultimately, diminishes their potential contribution to the national cause.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ign-philosophy

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    I know for a fact that even more foreign-based players were being pursued by the coaching staff for the Copa America and the Gold Cup assignments. If some of those players who were being pursued never shunned the call-up, then even more locally based players would have been sacrificed for this 'foreign philosophy'. That is a fundamental flaw that continues to cripple the development of the young local players and, ultimately, diminishes their potential contribution to the national cause.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ign-philosophy
    The article is 1000% on point....Only that it is insufficiently blunt in not describing supporters of the myopic & idiotic JFF policy as the hurry-come-ups they are

It's incredible that people don't see the direct relationship between carrying these hordes of mediocre Englishmen on the RBZ...and the stunted development of the few useful players we produce.

Mind you...we only produce a "few useful players" because the JFF has no structured development program. The JFF feels it can get away with not doing the hard, long term development work...because it can easily call on hordes of English journeymen to try to "qualify for the next World Cup".....without any complaint from ignorant "fans"

So what we have is a Catch 22 ...founded on Jamaican ignorance, myopia & stupidity... This short term thinking and lack of self confidence creates a Vicious Cycle of Underdevelopment & Long Term Failure

What we need is a Virtuous Circle of Development...Where youths are trained in a national academy and consistently cycled thru National U-17 to U-21 to U-23...To the RBZ. This is NOT a difficult exercise. It just requires vision, patience AND innovative approaches...

Yes allow young players to be exposed to quality opponents, fail, learn...and get stronger to eventually compete with their foreign peers..

What's so hard about that???? It's EXACTLY what Simoes dis 1994-97 ...aided by a sprinkling of committed UB40s plugging the holes

Instead people support this hurry-come-up fcukery where we stunt development with massive imports...and still don't achieve the World Cup appearances the ignoramuses crave... i.e. A feedback loop with VERY NEGATIVE results

This type of ignorant mentality is so backward it makes me cringe
    Last edited by Don1; June 23, 2015, 01:55 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I am still waiting for an ite to point out a national association that as successfully produce players without a stable and effective club system. The JFF is not the ends to all things successful in Jamaica's football. We need to empower the clubs and hold them accountable. That is the only true remedy for improving our stock on the local level. Our players aren't developing for a lot more reasons outside of the usual "JFF not doing their jobs". Our clubs are a joke administratively and it tapers down throughout the rest of the football infrastructure.

Comment

Thank you sar!
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Waiting for clubs to deveop is not the best option for a good national team in say 5-6 years....Long term yes...15 - 20 years

In the shorter run we need a national academy system to do the job

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
            I am still waiting for an ite to point out a national association that as successfully produce players without a stable and effective club system. The JFF is not the ends to all things successful in Jamaica's football. We need to empower the clubs and hold them accountable. That is the only true remedy for improving our stock on the local level. Our players aren't developing for a lot more reasons outside of the usual "JFF not doing their jobs". Our clubs are a joke administratively and it tapers down throughout the rest of the football infrastructure.
            On point Sir

Comment

The present coach watches a lot of local football, I know that for a fact.
              I am sure if they were good enough he would rather pick local players however like any other coach he wants to win games and qualify for World Cups so he is making use of his resources.

Comment

Wrong ! The JFF and clubs have to partner that push to develop local players,one cant do it without the other, the JFF has to open doors for clubs via international partnerships ,i keep referencing Costa Rica , its a classic example how to develop local talent,its current indicted president did what i have presented.Maybe Li is more progressive being a club owner on how to lead but what he did was

1) Identify talent from youth, seek partnerships with clubs around the world and export them for cheap with the catch being a % of future transfer fees.

The article would have carried more punch if it mentioned nations in our population numbers, C.Rica, Uraguay and Panama,the most recent being panama to adopt this progressive model, of note without this academy B.S.

* These nations dont have UB40s that they can draw on.
                *They dont have a national academy

So this path is doable, I have called for the obvious a meeting of the steakholders, clubs , admins, coaches ,sponsors , etc .I see nothing forth coming from the JFF.

The academy shitstem as touted by the JFF and some cant work, a national academy cant do it by itself,why ?

* It cost too much to implement
                * Too much to maintain
                *Too individualistic- leaves it open to be politically abused
                * Most of all wi bruk

We need the holistic approach as Uraguay,Pan and C. Rica has shown.

What I hope for

* JFF being a liasion for clubs to be in contact with overseas clubs
                * A national accreditation coaching program ,like we have in T&F , spreading knowledge
                * A Jamaican academy using the instituions we have , UWI,GC foster, UTECH , etc.

It can be done, others have done it, same numbers in population and same blue print , granted adapted to its cultural isms.

The academy thing as touted about cant work , the other ridiculous one I hear is private academies ,parents paying through their broke ass ..lol..in Jamaica ?
                Last edited by Sir X; June 23, 2015, 04:42 PM.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I am sure the author can recall Canada won Gold Cup in 2000.

Panama has been to the finals 2 times--losing by penalties to the US. (BTW: I was at that game ) That was in 2005.

Jamaica's best performance was 3rd and then I think they came 4th. Can't remember the years.

But for him to make the statement that Jamaica cannot think of winning the Gold Cup is self-defeating on his part.

The issue of good playing surface cannot be over-emphasized.

Football is played on flat slick surfaces.

Local footballers are not exposed to the modern football field. Even the national stadium pitch is mediocre IMO. You seldom see the field crew watering the pitch at half time or replacing divots . (Though, I am sure, some form of maintenance is done).

Football is business first:

Gone are the days when you play because you were born is Jamaica. I think the current trend will motivate locals to understand the changes and step up their games, even with limited resources. Those who don't have the drive and sulk , will be left behind.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Foolishness, Panamanians find players born in panama ,C.Rican find players born in C. Rica and Uraquay find players born in Uraquay,all nations with the same population numbers as Jamaica.No Ub40 to call upon.

I am not saying dont draw for UB40,but we need to develop our own as those I mentioned have done and achieved waaaay more.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

So one size fits all.

The USA has been shopping in Germany and any country that they can find talent.

Sorry to disappoint you and those who think of Jamaican future in football will be local.

Well, local from the point of view that those who make it will leave and improve their talent overseas.

HL

Comment

Isnt that what i have been saying, read my above post about how we should go about exporting talent.

Comment

You say so many things X...that only Paul Marin ALONE can understand yuh.

Hope you are having a great day!!!

HL

Comment

I dont think he can,he tries though,simple reasonings deserve simple answers,maybe comprehension is overrated.

Comment

I support working with clubs to develop talent. I also support working with schools to develop talent. Clubs have ZERO capacity to work with the critical 8-12 y.o. cohort...ZERO.

Clubs are so backward, lacking in infrastructure and ill-equipped that it will take decades to bring them up to snuff. Yes we should spend the time to do those upgrades...gradually.. taking maybe 20+ YEARS OR SO

However if JA wants to see faster improvement...working simultaneously with a national academy and the school system as a feeder provides that route.

D1 dun show unnu how that national academy can be EASILY implemented in 1 -2 years

Comment

Working...
                              X