Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin,Gig ....lol
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

• I get that , I agree with the ruling but the explanation of why the school as the right to make rules around hygiene could be seen as a old colonial mind set they could have explained that school can make rules around appearance and grooming without getting into hygiene. Because now I see people now equating the ruling to the old adage of dirty dreads or people not washing their hair.

Comment

• the Court had to address hygiene...the school implemented the rule for hygiene purposes...all the Court said was that the school has the right to make rules based on hygiene...& keep in mind that the school's evidence was unrefuted...Court is entitled to accept unchallenged evidence as fact:

Comment

• That is the conundrum,how can they not make a statement on hygiene,when the school barred the child on said grounds ?. The justices would have to examine without bias or prejudice if locks is hygienic,which would put them in opposition to those who wear locks i.e the Rastafarians, which is a protected class,also to compare it with lockless citizens.

Lol, the justices erred ! They accepted the schools reason,hook ,line and sinker ,put it in writing to formulate a colonial statement of bias or prejudice and then leak out B.S that the lawyer argued the child is a Rasta, not that he should be treated as one or same in a right of expression.

GUNSHOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

• If a kid shows up at KC with purple Mohawk ,diamond pink socks and is pants down to his hips and. Gets sent home is that unconstitutional?

Comment

• A bit of a ridiculous analogy she showed up with nothing close to the above. She showed up with a standard what may be termed an afrocentric hairstyle nothing out of the ordinary except to those who have a problem with black hair resembling it's natural state. If her mother had bought false straight hair from Brazil or India glued it on her daughter's head we would not be having this discussion ie weaves are ok.
              Your statement implies some equivalence which is not the case.

Comment

• The JLP has a deliberate strategy of trying to attract young progressives to the party. The last thing they want is reminders of their past missteps especially if they happened before a lot of the youth were born.
                Like I said this whole episode is surreal watch Holness' two step with an election on the horizon.
                Jamaicans have been programmed by their institutions to have a problem with natural black hair anyone with any knowledge of Jamaican history knows this.

Comment

• speaking of ridiculous analogies...weave is not allowed in any school in jamaica...is that rule also unconstitutional?

Comment

• If that's the case there's a lot of breaking of school rules with regard to weaves in Jamaica LOL. My point remains the same with regard to Jamaican institutions and black hair in it's natural state. Perhaps you guys should have a conversation with your bredrin Terrelonge. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X