Tufton's: Quid Pro Quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tufton's: Quid Pro Quo

According to a memorandum issued in October 2017, Tufton had requested a meeting with various medical officers to discuss Jamaica Moves at the Medallion Hall Hotel. But based on the time of the fiscal year, the ministry said it was short of cash and proposed that Market Me pay the hotel, with the intention of reimbursement at a later date. This amounted to $174,577.47.

Bryan said that while that arrangement was not standard practice, it was not isolated.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...owning-jamaica
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Corruption Coalition - Christie Teams Up With MOCA, FID

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...teams-moca-fid

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

No sacred Cows !

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/front...2?profile=1606

Comment

Contradictions abound on things JLP, its bread and butter was screaming that the PNP house is riddled with corruption yet did nothing to safeguard theirs?
        I strongly believe the corruption is widespread because it is perceived to be accepted by the PM as long as they do not get caught.
        Portia Simpson is being revisited by a pay to play arrangement she had with a Dutch company, the unorthodox business(circumventing the vetting system,getting the requirements .. overruled so Market Me could get the contract costing even more money, having Market Me pay for the hotel without any documentation that would make it an official loan,cronyism and nepotism,etc) practices regarding the Ministry dealings with Market Me could very well be a pay to play situation, and a way to siphon govt funds by paying excessively for contracts with some of funds end up lining Govt official's pockets.
        I want to know if Market Me made undisclosed loans to govt officials?
        Not sure about the proposed merger given the end result would be strong as its weakest link.The DPP (Paula)likely has a bone to pick with the PNP(Peter), and then is now beholden to the JLP(Holness),last time we heard from her was some unwarranted update having to do with Portia I. the guise of being an MC for a freaking appellate court),what if Greg Christie is now compromised, would he then undermine the MOCA?
        His suggestions are always welcomed, but I would keep both entities totally separate for now.
        So called holier than thou Holness is in a quandary, he hopes to get a handle on something already too hot to touch, rising exponentially heat-wise by the seconds,he is going to call for an early election out of desperation, from a sure win to salvaging...
        The face of Parliament will change though.
        Last edited by Rockman; July 22, 2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

A suh it set, private company lends a government ministry or minister(s) money and government will pay it back....lol, on what or whose terms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xLjqv1pYEM

Comment

Personally speaking, I think they need to take a second look at Bruce Golding's brief reign as PM, after all, everyone was preoccupied with The extradition matter, those younglings are too comfortable...,it could very well be a carry over.

Separate and apart, I believe when Holness said every man can build his Beverly Hills Mansion he was alluding to them marrying a rich woman, surely that wholly explains his wealth .
            Are there any more cookies in the jar?
            Walks ,swims,and quacks like a duck, but I am told it isn't.
            To you lizards burning to do what comes natural,point your smelly fingers at anyone else(alive or long deceased),are you not troubled by the bombardment news of corruption, and what does that say about leadership?

Thanks to Holness for keeping yourself and by default,Jamaica, safe from the pandemic, we live to nonetheless suffer peacefully!

Comment

You two sound like some tribalist. How the PM house get into this and the wealth of his spouse.

Comment

turn back christian always know the most about the bible.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Legions!

You seem like a tribalist for defending the non disclosure and not being able to see the obvious link.

Comment

Lol, let me tell you something about Holness, but I have to first declare I have NEVER met the man but I know as a fact that you will never find a kinder politician, and it matters not one's political affiliation, he will be very generous if you are in need of funds, and no, I have never been the recipient...
                    My gripe with him has everything to do with politics,he is anything but transformative, he conforms just like his predecessors , only difference is we bought hook, line,and sinker that he would be a breath of fresh air.
                    Taking control of the party is an obligation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                      My gripe with him has everything to do with politics,....
                      So basically your issue with him is that he is not PNP? Tell us something new.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

My grouse,is he doesnt give a hoot about anti corruption, except dont get caught and that will be his downfall.

Good P.M with a trying social heart,willing to try new ideas for progress. He needs a proactive opposition to find his best.

The good thing is the PNP will give him that after they are done with Peter, then yuh aguh see Jamaicas needle move. The pot aguh lock up the Kettle and vice versa. The desperation for power and scarce resources mixed with bitterness will see the political tribes moving in that direction.

Jamaica wins.
                        Last edited by Sir X; July 22, 2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

two raving lunatics...dem sound exactly like danald chumps

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                            My grouse,is he doesnt give a hoot about anti corruption, except dont get caught and that will be his downfall.

The Integrity Commission came into being under which administration? It was yesterday during a committee meeting of the I.C. oversight committee Bunting was criticizing Chuck for rushing the implementation of the I.C.

Don't care about anti corruption? You forgot he fired the former ed. minister before his deeds became public?

After details came out from the Auditor General about what was happening in Petrojam, various changes have been made and is being made to prevent a repeat.

I know you have to fit the square peg into a round hole, but your claim is way off.
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The integrity commission came into being as a paper tooth tiger, no funding and no prosecutorial power,in fact ,it didnt even no its mandate. It has slowly taken form because of internal and external pressure.

Holness is a corrupted labarite,that only moves against corruption when pressured,as it will be as long as he is in office ,which will see him out.

Comment

Working...
                              X